• Welcome, Guest! We hope you enjoy the excellent technical knowledge, event information and discussions that the BMW MOA forum provides. Some forum content will be hidden from you if you remain logged out. If you want to view all content, please click the 'Log in' button above and enter your BMW MOA username and password.

If you are not an MOA member, why not take the time to join the club, so you can enjoy posting on the forum, the BMW Owners News magazine, and all of the discounts and benefits the BMW MOA offers?

sat on a gtl

jetfixer

stopped by the dealer today and they had a k1600gtl out back! i was able to sit on it seems very low to the ground. i am 6'-3" waiting for the gt to come in to see if it has more leg room.

stopped by the dealer today and they had a k1600gtl out back! i was able to sit on it seems very low to the ground. i am 6'-3" waiting for the gt to come in to see if it has more leg room.

It sounds like they made it for me! I'm 5'-10", but unfortunately I won't be getting one anytime soon. I just paid off my 04' RT, and with only 14,000 miles on it now, it will be my bike for some time. I can't afford the GTL.......yet!

But, it is definitely on my radar. I don't make enough money to pay 24 grand for a new one. I hope to buy a nice used one in about 5 years. Hey, it could happen!

Me too, I am waiting for the used ones to be on the market.
My 05 GS is serving me well for now. Might even need to have both...

Now there is an idea. I'm not sure I could afford both the RT and a GTL. Plus they both have the same overall task they were made for, which is touring. I think if I do get a GTL, I would either sell or trade my RT. I'm not sure I would buy another bike to keep it company in the garage, as I'm getting a little bit older now, and my need for speed isn't as strong as it used to be. That was one of the main reasons I bought the RT.

But I do miss my 00' VFR Interceptor! Make for a nice contrast in style...

It sound like the right size for me (5'-10"). I held off the pre-order waiting to get the feel of the bike. Looking forward to sitting/riding a GTL.

It sound like the right size for me (5'-10"). I held off the pre-order waiting to get the feel of the bike. Looking forward to sitting/riding a GTL.

I had a chance to sit on one BMWGR, but I resisted the temptation. Even the service manager was trying to get me to take it for a demo ride, but I couldn't at the time. My wife had brought me down to pick up my freshly repaired RT, and was planning on following me home from there. I wasn't going to make her wait while I went for a spin. That could have been deadly!

But I do plan on taking up their offer to go for a ride sometime this summer. I won't be trading in my RT anytime soon, as I want no earlier than a 2nd year model, and that will probably be used. I will wait until they have some road time on them to work out any kinks. Then I might pull the trigger on one, maybe even a new one. Then again, 24 thou is a lot of thou's!!! :)

great

Yeah, arent they great over there! Wife and I went out last monday and took the bike out.

We are #578 in line to get the new one, and wife now wants her own in 2013. thus replacing her 96 R1100RT

Yeah, arent they great over there! Wife and I went out last monday and took the bike out.

We are #578 in line to get the new one, and wife now wants her own in 2013. thus replacing her 96 R1100RT

I wish I had the money for one right now, but the only way that happens is if I hit 6 numbers! And I still like the idea of buying one starting with the 2nd year models, just in case they ned to fix some minor stuff. After all, this is the first year for this engine and bike overall. I would hate to buy one and have it be in the shop for recalls, not at that price. So even if I could afford one right now, I would still wait a year.

I just got my RT out of the shop, and being without it even with the bad weather was no fun. There was just this big 'empty spot' in my garage. :-(

I just got my RT out of the shop, and being without it even with the bad weather was no fun. There was just this big 'empty spot' in my garage. :-([/QUOTE]

Weather here in Central TX is awful too. 85 degrees, clear and with a light breeze.

My bike just came out of the shop and while the empty space in the garage has been filled, there is a large empty space in my wallet. Annual svc and 48K maintenance. Ow. Put off replacing front rotors and pads. OOOOwww again!

Weather here in Central TX is awful too. 85 degrees, clear and with a light breeze.

My bike just came out of the shop and while the empty space in the garage has been filled, there is a large empty space in my wallet. Annual svc and 48K maintenance. Ow. Put off replacing front rotors and pads. OOOOwww again![/QUOTE]

My sidestand replacement cost me $235, so my wallet is a bit lighter now, too. I had the 12,000 mile service done last year, along with new Metzeler Z6 Interact tires, peg lowering kit, and new battery. That was not a cheap one!!!

As for the weather, the rain just keeps on coming. We get the next two days to ride, as the weather will be somewhat nicer, but then the next 4 days plus after that is projected to be more rain. At least the temps are coming up close to average for this time of year. Small consolation.

GTL trade prices?

I thought I might trade my 09RT in for a GTL. Gateway was very busy during their open house on May 7th, but I was allowed to test ride their GTL demo & it was very impressive...everything I was hoping for. They are very nice people, & their open house was very enjoyable. Last weekend I went to a different dealer & rode their beautiful blue demo & was even more pleased with the bike. I was way less than pleased with the difference figure I was quoted. Evidently, my loaded (everything except radio & tpms) 09RT with 14Kmi and $2500+ worth of accessories is only worth $10,500 on trade, and dont even think of a discount on the GTL. $17,600 difference, including taxes/etc. I don't want a GTL anywhere near that bad. When all the hype & b.s. dies down in a year or so, I may take another look. They'll likely have the bugs worked out pretty well by then, & be willing to deal, instead of wanting to make full list+ on the new bike, & turn $4-5K profit on my trade in.

Back