• Welcome, Guest! We hope you enjoy the excellent technical knowledge, event information and discussions that the BMW MOA forum provides. Some forum content will be hidden from you if you remain logged out. If you want to view all content, please click the 'Log in' button above and enter your BMW MOA username and password.

If you are not an MOA member, why not take the time to join the club, so you can enjoy posting on the forum, the BMW Owners News magazine, and all of the discounts and benefits the BMW MOA offers?

The GS Gypsy Tour

See ya'll soon:)

Deep South now, GSA'in all over from Ca....Sorry my computer access is so limited on the road, but I'm out here and enroute:) for Gypsy Tour,etc...Pensacola is real nice, water warm, beaches very pristine. GSA also got sand in its tire treads at Galveston Beaches:). What FUN:). Be safe, ride well to all. Randy "Polarbear"....PS, I HOPE PA. is a tad cooler in the woods, as its been hot down here! Later:usa:dance

did you register for any of the free events? If so, you got a scorebook with links to tons of routes.

if not, PM me your email addy and I will send you a scorebook.

Ian

Ian,

I was going to register at the rallly as I had a feeling my schedule was going to change. As a result, I have nothing. I will send my email and many thanks.

For all those who will work up a thirst. The beer list has been set. I worked long into the night tasting and retasting :drink my way through the pints set before me. If I remember correctly :hungover it goes like this:

One Half Barrel Each:

All in Amber - A very nice Amber Ale

Chinookie I.P.A. - "nookied for times, then dry nookied"

White Lightning - A very refreshing Wheat Beer

Two Half Barrels:

Rumple Pilsner - A crowd pleaser

There you have it. See you soon.

Thanks for all your hard work! I will appreciate it I promise. :drink
I guess no coffee stoudt for breakfast though.:scratch

The Round Barn

I visited the Round Barn today and have uploaded a picture . It is located in the apple belt of Adams county. If you get a chance to stop make sure you go to the second floor and look at amazing constuction. They sell local fruit (apricots, plums and peaches today and there is also a gift shop.

Round barns are relatively rare. They were built to more efficiently use space for storage. If you need a snack the "Rectangular Snack Shack" is on the place.

Attachments

• 100_0636.jpg
    100_0636.jpg
    59.2 KB · Views: 67
Last edited:
Mr Ed's Elephant Museum

Just down the road from the round barn is Mr Ed's Elephant Museum and Candy Emporium. I bought a 1/2 LBS of mixed fudge. The place burned a couple of years ago and has been rebuilt. Mr Ed has hundreds of elephant models. He is also an actor and has parts in the Totem Pole Theater which is close by. The truck in the picture is not making a delivery, it is part of the store and contains the PEZ display.

Attachments

• 100_0641.jpg
    100_0641.jpg
    100.3 KB · Views: 66
Last edited:
Just found out I can make it to the Gypsy Tour

Can you still register for it or just show up to pay the $100? I'm really looking forward to the opportunity. Thanks!

Rick

Can you still register for it or just show up to pay the $100? I'm really looking forward to the opportunity. Thanks!

Rick

Rick - you're welcome to come to Marienville, and look for Tracy, Mistress Scorekeeper, or Rick, Mister Beef.

Ian

I visited the Round Barn today and have uploaded a picture . It is located in the apple belt of Adams county. If you get a chance to stop make sure you go to the second floor and look at amazing constuction. They sell local fruit (apricots, plums and peaches today and there is also a gift shop.

Round barns are relatively rare. They were built to more efficiently use space for storage. If you need a snack the "Rectangular Snack Shack" is on the place.

we had a round barn challenge here a few years ago....

roundredbarn.jpg

Velocity Cycle BMW Dealer, Carlisle, PA

Tuesday 7/12/11 Today I stopped at Velocity Cycles north of Carlisle, PA on Route 11 to buy socket adapter for my phone. Chris was busy selling a new R1200RT so I did not get his signature.

Gypsy Tour Rider #55

Attachments

• 100_0643.jpg
    100_0643.jpg
    51.9 KB · Views: 47
Stopping in Pittsburg enroute to Marienville

Wow! That's almost an Iron Butt ride there. I'm starting on the other side of the state so won't be able to join you. We could possibly hook up on the 17th and ride up to Marienville together. I was going to leave Pittsburgh around 1 in the afternoon. What time do you think you'll be passing through?

That's about right for me as well. I'm making a stop to ride the Monongahela incline probably around noon with a couple more stop-ins planned on the way to Marienville. We could meet up.

Watch for the Welcome signs in Marienville. The Chamber of Commerce is rolling out the Red Carpet.

Gypsy Giants

Gypsy Giants heading for Adventure!!

Scott Nogrady, Josh Farnsworth, Bryan Whitney, Matt Novacich, Martin Yache

advgiants.jpg

The mountain of the GS Giant rises to the occasion, will you ?

Build it and they will come.

Not a whoop but a back bone. Farmers came as far away as Columbia to work the land .......... Columbia County.

Are there mountains with four ways to the top ? Which way for the best points ??????

Even a King and a GS Giant is subject to a field.

See it dry enjoy it wet. ............ A pit ? No just something longer for such great prizes.

A French drain or a pipe line ? Can you ride in this direction ?

the track got watered in some last night.

we have a good start on the mud pit. hoses and the water truck will finish the jobs... :evil

Her Majesty the Queen

The Queen is packing up and getting ready to hit the road!

See y'all at Whispering Pines!

BBQ, beer & best buddies

Some pics from Whispering Pines.... i'd post more but the connection here is very slow.......

IMG5831-L.jpg

IMG5837-L.jpg

IMG5838-L.jpg

IMG5850-L.jpg

Back