• Welcome, Guest! We hope you enjoy the excellent technical knowledge, event information and discussions that the BMW MOA forum provides. Some forum content will be hidden from you if you remain logged out. If you want to view all content, please click the 'Log in' button above and enter your BMW MOA username and password.

If you are not an MOA member, why not take the time to join the club, so you can enjoy posting on the forum, the BMW Owners News magazine, and all of the discounts and benefits the BMW MOA offers?

• Beginning April 1st, and running through April 30th, there is a new 2024 BMW MOA Election discussion area within The Club section of the forum. Within this forum area is also a sticky post that provides the ground rules for participating in the Election forum area. Also, the candidates statements are provided. Please read before joining the conversation, because the rules are very specific to maintain civility.

The Election forum is here: Election Forum

anyone attended the European Rider Rally in Burksville, KY?

L

leeinmemphis

Hey everyone,

I am planning on attending the European Riders rally next month and was curious about the campsite accommodations. I understand it is in a city park and was curious what the camping sites are like. I have a hammock tent so naturally I need a couple of trees. :laugh I was curious if anyone could tell me whether the site would likely have an area that would work for me or if I need to plan on dragging the old tent out? Thanks.

I attended the rally last year. Very nice gathering - great crowd, great food, great music, and a great thunderstorm on Saturday (though every one kept smiling).

You should be able to find a suitable pair of trees for your hammock tent along the wooded river bank - though don't hold me to it.

Take a look at it on Google map in the satellite view - you'll see that the river bank is nicely wooded. They are big diameter older growth trees as I recall.

Thanks. I never even thought of looking on google earth. Thanks for the idea and info!!!!!!!

This needs to go into the "midwest" region too, as according to the MOA, KY is in the midwest? Makes no sense to me but... :scratch

you are right. I apologize for putting it here out of habit.

Back