Thread: anyone attended the European Rider Rally in Burksville, KY?

leeinmemphis

anyone attended the European Rider Rally in Burksville, KY?

Hey everyone,

I am planning on attending the European Riders rally next month and was curious about the campsite accommodations. I understand it is in a city park and was curious what the camping sites are like. I have a hammock tent so naturally I need a couple of trees. I was curious if anyone could tell me whether the site would likely have an area that would work for me or if I need to plan on dragging the old tent out? Thanks.

Registered User ALIENHITCHHIKER's Avatar
    I attended the rally last year. Very nice gathering - great crowd, great food, great music, and a great thunderstorm on Saturday (though every one kept smiling).

You should be able to find a suitable pair of trees for your hammock tent along the wooded river bank - though don't hold me to it.

Take a look at it on Google map in the satellite view - you'll see that the river bank is nicely wooded. They are big diameter older growth trees as I recall.
    Steve
    Current Hottie: '00 R1100RT
    Old Flames: FY K100RT, '80 XS850 with Vetter Quicksilver, '67 Bonnie, '66 Honda 90

leeinmemphis
    Thanks. I never even thought of looking on google earth. Thanks for the idea and info!!!!!!!

I plan to go. 1st time.

This needs to go into the "midwest" region too, as according to the MOA, KY is in the midwest? Makes no sense to me but...

leeinmemphis
    you are right. I apologize for putting it here out of habit.