• Welcome, Guest! We hope you enjoy the excellent technical knowledge, event information and discussions that the BMW MOA forum provides. Some forum content will be hidden from you if you remain logged out. If you want to view all content, please click the 'Log in' button above and enter your BMW MOA username and password.

If you are not an MOA member, why not take the time to join the club, so you can enjoy posting on the forum, the BMW Owners News magazine, and all of the discounts and benefits the BMW MOA offers?

• Beginning April 1st, and running through April 30th, there is a new 2024 BMW MOA Election discussion area within The Club section of the forum. Within this forum area is also a sticky post that provides the ground rules for participating in the Election forum area. Also, the candidates statements are provided. Please read before joining the conversation, because the rules are very specific to maintain civility.

The Election forum is here: Election Forum

Rally lodging

While I joined the MOA a couple of years ago, I have not been to a rally. I am planning on going this year to Ohio. When I visited the Rally page at the MOA site, it did not say anything about rally hotels. It did have a link to the visitor's center for the Lima area. but I assume there is a central hotel or some suggested hotels. Did I miss this information somewhere? Thanks.

Paul K
Indianapolis, IN

Paul -

All of the nearest hotels are filled, so we pulled their information from the web page. However, there are still rooms available in the area....

Besides rooms on the far west side of Lima, (use the links on the Lima Allen County Convention and Visitors Bureau) there are other little communities nearby with rooms.

For instance, 15 miles north of the rally site is Bluffton
Comfort Inn (419-358-6000)
and
15 miles south is Wapakoneta where there are several motels also.
Days Inn 419-738-2184 (Mention BMW)
Travellodge 419-739-9600 (Mention BMW)

Also -- as the rally gets closer, there will be cancellations and you might be able to get into one of the nearby motels.

If that doesn't work, Flindlay is only 25 miles north of the rally site, with a LOT of rooms available.

Hancock County Convention & Visitors Bureau

Hope this helps. See you in Beemerville!

:twirl

You may want to think about camping. If this is your first rally, camping is the best way to get out and meet some people. Some of the guys that I ride with are people that I've randomly camped next to.

Camping with Garth is cool cause he brings beverages!

Actually I hotelled it at my first rally and did not have a good time. I camped at the other rallies and had a blast. You can always rent gear at REI if you don't own it. Plus there will be lots of people to offer advice.

Camping at the National

I agree that camping at a national rally is really the way to go.
* You get to meet more people
* You can party and not have to worry about riding afterwards
* You won't miss any of the action by leaving too early
* You'll make new friends

This year, the grounds are PERFECT for the tent campers. There is an abundance of shade trees and grassy, flat areas. We will have new shower buildings and in addition, a supplemental shower trailer has been ordered.

Don't have your own tent? There is a Sherpa Service already taking orders. See their link on the main rally page under "lodging"

You could do what Brian and I like to do --- motel it on the way to the rally and on the way home, so you don't have to unpack your bike --- but camp at the rally.

Attachments

• camping.JPG
    camping.JPG
    74.3 KB · Views: 166
Thanks Sue and others

Thanks for the info. I guess I waited too long for a hotel, but it sounds like camping is the way to go anyway. not much of a camper, but I will check out renting or the sherpa service.

Paul K
Indy

Back