• Welcome, Guest! We hope you enjoy the excellent technical knowledge, event information and discussions that the BMW MOA forum provides. Some forum content will be hidden from you if you remain logged out. If you want to view all content, please click the 'Log in' button above and enter your BMW MOA username and password.

If you are not an MOA member, why not take the time to join the club, so you can enjoy posting on the forum, the BMW Owners News magazine, and all of the discounts and benefits the BMW MOA offers?

new to moa & America

B

Bob Denman

hi everyone,
I'm Bob Denman and have just renewed my membership after a lapse of 2 years. I ride a R65GS which is ex. French Gendarmarie of road traning bike.
Myself and two others are about to embarque on our journey of a liftime, We are shipping our bikes to Canada and after a little bit of exploring British Columbia we are heading south through the USA and on to the southern most tip of the Ameican continent. we plan to take a year as we want to see all the good sights along the way.
Here is a link to our blog which at the moment only shows the troubles we are having with the bikes.

http://granfuga.blogspot.com/

We shoud be in Yellowstione Park in early june and getting to San Francisco iin early July. then moving on to Mexico for August. I have a date there with my wife as it is our 40th. wedding anniversary and we are meeting in the Cancun area on the 9th. September. Hope I make there in time.
we will try and fit in some of the rallies but it appears we will miss the big one this time round.
hoping to meet some members along the way.
regards
Bob

Looks to be a trip of a lifetime , Bob. Best of luck to you.

If I can be of any help along the way or offer any route suggestions, plaase don't hesitate to ask. I'm sure that goes for many others on here as well.

Eric
Indianapolis, Indiana

edit: Funny - I'm off to the UK on May 7th for a couple of weeks of riding in the Lake District, bit of Scotland and Wales. I'll be sure to wave as I pass you in the airport.

life time trip

thanks for your good wishes Earache and yes we will wave as we pass in the air.
make sure you bring your wet weather gear.
Martin, we have a friend at Sicamous in BC. we are taking the ferry from Port Hardy to Price Rupert then ride down to Jasper and Baff before returning to Sicamous for a few days. should be in Sicamous on the 11-12th. May on the first round.
I will look up where Armstrong is on the map.
cheers
Bob

Bob, it looks like an epic journey is about to take place. I like the bike you've prepared! Your blog is now listed among my RSS feeds so I won't miss anything. :lurk

Back