• Welcome, Guest! We hope you enjoy the excellent technical knowledge, event information and discussions that the BMW MOA forum provides. Some forum content will be hidden from you if you remain logged out. If you want to view all content, please click the 'Log in' button above and enter your BMW MOA username and password.

If you are not an MOA member, why not take the time to join the club, so you can enjoy posting on the forum, the BMW Owners News magazine, and all of the discounts and benefits the BMW MOA offers?

• Beginning April 1st, and running through April 30th, there is a new 2024 BMW MOA Election discussion area within The Club section of the forum. Within this forum area is also a sticky post that provides the ground rules for participating in the Election forum area. Also, the candidates statements are provided. Please read before joining the conversation, because the rules are very specific to maintain civility.

The Election forum is here: Election Forum

2011 BMWMOA ride to the Rally

CaptRehkopf

Hi all,
I am planning on going to the BMWMOA Rally. I will leave Memphis, TN and basically take the Blueridge Parkway from Rosman, NC to Front Royal/end of Skyline Drive. I will camp at the Rally but will National Park Service 'lodge' it on the way up; Lodge at Rocky Knob and Skyline.
Tentative schedule:
16/17JUL Rosman, NC
18JUL stay the night at Lodge Rocky Knob 278 miles.
19JUL stay the night at Lodge Skyline 232 miles.
20JUL stay the night at a friends house near rally 259 miles.
I will ride from Memphis to Rosman, NC and spend the night with a friend. Nice easy days riding, see the sights so to speak.
If anybody is heading that way and would like to ride along let me know.
Ride Safe,
Robert

Attachments

• 2011 BMWMOA Daily Routes.gpx
    1,022.2 KB · Views: 1
Do ya know;

The Natchez Trace Trail? I'm riding from California to Meridian,Miss. for family Navy there and Virginia is also my home state. The BRP may well be for me again too, as i have not ridden it since my early days on a bike. PA Rally is my goal too and a rest for a lot of miles ridden getting there. Maybe we'll seee one another en route. I'm on a white/red GSA1200 with silver Jesse bags and trunk, packed for camping. I'm on the road, for the entire July month, so I may pass your path. Randy:usa

The Natchez Trace, like the Blue Ridge Parkway (BRPW) is a nice scenic ride, but slow. The BRPW is more mountainous and twisty and the 45/50 MPH doesn't seem as slow as the Trace.
If you're going to Meridian then you'll only be on the Trace from Natchez to basically Jackson, MS. I guess you can jump back on it above Meridian and ride to Nashville.
If you're routing through Nashville and camping I would suggest camping at Fall Creek Falls State Park. From there you can either do the Dragon or Cherohala Parkway or both. My suggested route would be from fall Creek Falls do the Cherohala west to east, the Dragon east to west, and then the Foothills Parkway south to north and then go through the Rocky Mountain National Park west to east and pick up the Blue Ridge Parkway in Cherokee, NC. This is my normal route, you'll not be disappointed.
I've made up a gpx file for you with some POIs. Clingman's Dome is TN highest Point and you can ride there, paved road.
Also I'll look like this.
Rode Safe, and let me know if you're available to ride together.

Attachments

• K1200RS Colorado National Monument.jpg
    K1200RS Colorado National Monument.jpg
    53.5 KB · Views: 43
Suggested Routes

Tennessee and Blue Ridge parkway suggested routes.

Attachments

• 2011 BMW MOA TN_BRPW Route.gpx
    1.2 MB · Views: 4
Route Picture

Suggested Route Picture.

Attachments

• TN_BRPW Routes to 2011 National MOA.jpg
    TN_BRPW Routes to 2011 National MOA.jpg
    108.4 KB · Views: 44
Back