• Welcome, Guest! We hope you enjoy the excellent technical knowledge, event information and discussions that the BMW MOA forum provides. Some forum content will be hidden from you if you remain logged out. If you want to view all content, please click the 'Log in' button above and enter your BMW MOA username and password.

If you are not an MOA member, why not take the time to join the club, so you can enjoy posting on the forum, the BMW Owners News magazine, and all of the discounts and benefits the BMW MOA offers?

• Beginning April 1st, and running through April 30th, there is a new 2024 BMW MOA Election discussion area within The Club section of the forum. Within this forum area is also a sticky post that provides the ground rules for participating in the Election forum area. Also, the candidates statements are provided. Please read before joining the conversation, because the rules are very specific to maintain civility.

The Election forum is here: Election Forum

8 mo. lurker finally had to join

M

Mr. Mixer

FNG here.

I purchased a 2004 R1150RT last August after having been off a bike for about 15 years. Prior to this purchase I had owned several bikes, but got off in order to raise a young'un. She goes off to college in the fall, so now her mom and I have time for our own interests.

To prepare for the experience, I spent a great deal of time lurking in several forums (msta, Bmwsporttouring andhere) both to learn about the bikes as well as the community. I finally decided to get off my lazy butt and start to participate. I look forward to meeting and interacting with you all, at the very least via the forum and hopefully on the road somewhere/sometime.

Congrats on the purchase! Welcome to the MOA. I think you'll find there are a lot of riders here with similar backgrounds, ride for a while, kid(s) raising hiatus & then back to riding.

Mr. Mixer, 'bout time! Seriously, welcome. How's it feel to be back on two wheels?

(Hiya Moose!) ;)

Glad to have you aboard.

I got back into riding after a 20 year layoff last April. Rode my R1100RS until December when I upgraded to a 2004 R1150RT. I've ridden that one 11150 miles since 12/26. Feel like I'm not getting enough riding in. Maybe I can take a whole day this weekend, but it's my wife's 50th soooooo maybe NEXT weekend.

Mr. Mixer, 'bout time! Seriously, welcome. How's it feel to be back on two wheels?

(Hiya Moose!) ;)

While I think your 'about time' referenced my registration here, it really applies to my getting back on the bike. I can't believe I maintained any sort of sanity during the period of not riding. MAN I MISSED IT!!!!!

My story is similar, went without a bike for 13 years, thought I'd go nuts every spring when I could hear someone accelerate up the road as I wished it were me. Now my oldest son (21) has his own bike, and the youngest (16) is saving for one. Looking forward to riding with my boys as they are learning riding skills and also do some weekend get aways with their mom (my wife of 24 yrs). We'll be at the International Rally this year, hope to get the boys out for Camp Gears as well.

Welcome to the club, enjoy your RT, when I get old I might trade in the "S" for one of those.............:laugh

While I think your 'about time' referenced my registration here, it really applies to my getting back on the bike. I can't believe I maintained any sort of sanity during the period of not riding. MAN I MISSED IT!!!!!

You had a teen age daughter, right? We understand. :)

Back