Thread: Took the plunge

Took the plunge

After lurking in the BMW shadows for the last couple of years, I finally made the move from a HD Roadglide to a 2006 BMW 1200LT. Enjoyed the Harleys over the last 25 or so years but always longed for something with a little more class and performance. I never did fit the "Harley Biker" stereotype anyway. Now if this Wisconsin winter would just give up!!

Quote Originally Posted by wisbrian View Post
    After lurking in the BMW shadows for the last couple of years, I finally made the move from a HD Roadglide to a 2006 BMW 1200LT. Enjoyed the Harleys over the last 25 or so years but always longed for something with a little more class and performance. I never did fit the "Harley Biker" stereotype anyway. Now if this Wisconsin winter would just give up!!
    Welcome aboard Brian, I think you'll find an amazing group of riders in your area. When you get some time you can check out the K-bikes area (where your bike fits) and get an idea what others with your bike are doing. There is also an ever-expanding DIY area in that forum for some maintenance tips. Ride safe, Gary
    Last edited by Omega Man; 04-18-2011 at 05:09 PM. Reason: some fixin'
    "Well they say.. time loves a hero but only time will tell.. If he's real, he's a legend from heaven If he ain't he was sent here from hell" Lowell George
    Type M for Moderator
    2009 F800GS 1994 TW200

Forum for LT riders

Actually, you may want to go to the Flying Brick K-bikes forum to see what others have said about their LTs. You moved up to a really fine bike. Welcome to the forum, Brian.

Have fun,
    Jer
    Jerry Palma
    99 K1200LTI Champagne 'Oh, Kay' (dropped: 4); 85 R80RT 'Lady in Red'; 04 525i Orient Blue metallic; 09 328i Silver Convertable
    I love these bikes regardless of what I've needed to fix on them. I'll: Just Ride 'em!

Quote Originally Posted by jers99lt View Post
    Actually, you may want to go to the Flying Brick K-bikes forum to see what others have said about their LTs. You moved up to a really fine bike. Welcome to the forum, Brian.

Have fun,
    Jer
    Thanks
    "Well they say.. time loves a hero but only time will tell.. If he's real, he's a legend from heaven If he ain't he was sent here from hell" Lowell George
    Type M for Moderator
    2009 F800GS 1994 TW200

Thanks guys for the warm welcome. Hope to see all of you on the road.