• Welcome, Guest! We hope you enjoy the excellent technical knowledge, event information and discussions that the BMW MOA forum provides. Some forum content will be hidden from you if you remain logged out. If you want to view all content, please click the 'Log in' button above and enter your BMW MOA username and password.

If you are not an MOA member, why not take the time to join the club, so you can enjoy posting on the forum, the BMW Owners News magazine, and all of the discounts and benefits the BMW MOA offers?

• Beginning April 1st, and running through April 30th, there is a new 2024 BMW MOA Election discussion area within The Club section of the forum. Within this forum area is also a sticky post that provides the ground rules for participating in the Election forum area. Also, the candidates statements are provided. Please read before joining the conversation, because the rules are very specific to maintain civility.

The Election forum is here: Election Forum

Lubbock to Santa Fe

acejones

We've got a trip planned in the middle of May from around Lubbock to Santa Fe, down to Roswell to Carlsbad and back to Lubbock. Anyone know what the wildfire situation is NW of Lubbock ? Also, where could I leave the truck and trailer in Lubbock ?

We've got a trip planned in the middle of May from around Lubbock to Santa Fe, down to Roswell to Carlsbad and back to Lubbock. Anyone know what the wildfire situation is NW of Lubbock ? Also, where could I leave the truck and trailer in Lubbock ?

By the middle of May you will probably be riding through several blackened spots. With any luck it might have rained somewhere by then and the grasslands might show some green spots. In southwest Texas we don't know the fire status for tomorrow, let alone a month from now. I'm thinking about shorter days than normal to Branson this week because closed roads and detours might add 100 to 200 miles just to get around fires at as-of-yet unknown locations.

Thanks Paul,
Pretty much confirmed my suspicions.

Has there been much fire activity down there below Alpine ?

Still searching for an answer to the last part. Where can I leave my truck and trailer around Lubbock for about five days ?

Thanks Paul,
Pretty much confirmed my suspicions.

Has there been much fire activity down there below Alpine ?

We had one 8200 acre fire south of Alpine, about 30 miles north of us on and near Cienega Mountain. A few acres also burned at the base of Elephant Mountain - started in the ditch probably from a thrown cigarette.

The biggie down here was the Rock House fire that started just west of Marfa, burned a couple of dozen homes in and around Ft. Davis and bee lined north almost all the way to I-10 at Balmorea. 600,000 acres more or less. It moved northward at about 15 miles per hour.

But south Brewter County has been spared so far. I layed in a tank of water, pump, and hose on a trailer ready to use just in case.

Back