• Welcome Guest! If you are already a member of the BMW MOA, please log in to the forum in the upper right hand corner of this page. Check "Remember Me?" if you wish to stay logged in.

We hope you enjoy the excellent technical knowledge, event information and discussions that the BMWMOA forum provides. Why not take the time to join the club, so you can enjoy posting on the forum, the club magazine, and all of the discounts and benefits the BMWMOA offers?

Want to read the MOA monthly magazine for free? Take a 3-month test ride of the magazine; check here for details.

• NOTE. Some content will be hidden from you. If you want to view all content, you must register for the forum if you are not a member, or if a member, you must be logged in.

Dating Forum Anyone?

Ok, this might be a good thing. My wife has a friend who is 54 years young, a school teacher , single and loves to ride pylon. She has asked us if we know any nice, single men with a motorcycle. We don't know any so this forum could help find her some one to ride with :heart

Great idea! It would be a gold mine for any woman looking for an old geezer with anal compulsive tendencies towards bike maintenance, farkles, and atgatt who likes to discuss oil viscosity and rear end problems!:rofl

:ha

Any person wanting to get involved with a BMW rider should take a careful look at some of these threads before jumping that broom. Lord knows what you might land in.:nono

And as to whether or not it should be done, I don't think we have the kind of money needed to cover the potential liability.

E

Check the fine print.

1251004303_cALyC-M.jpg
Hi Holly, :wave

Check the fine print??? Check the fine print??? I put this on my big monitor (21 inch) and increased the size to 400% and still could not get the last two words. Fuzzes out before I can make it out. But then I am an old f*rt. :D

Proceeds benefit who ??? :dunno

tb

Hi Holly, :wave

Check the fine print??? Check the fine print??? I put this on my big monitor (21 inch) and increased the size to 400% and still could not get the last two words. Fuzzes out before I can make it out. But then I am an old f*rt. :D

Proceeds benefit who ??? :dunno

tb

lonely bikers

If I sell enough of these I could afford to date. :D

I'm looking for a woman who is independant, makes plenty money, and is hot. Red heads will get priority. Applicant must have a 2007 opr later K1300GT or a K1600GT. Please send pics (of the bike).

i got just the young lady for you... your exact description, except she rides an R bike.

darn.... so close! :ha

ian

You stated you wanted a woman who likes riding on the back. If you want to be happier, get one with her own so she can not poke you when you hit brakes, gas, bumps, notice a bikini, hot car or bike , or just breath wrong. Preferably one that can't read a map so you can loose her if she pisses you off.

Great idea

One of the reasons I joined the MOA was to meet like minded souls who enjoy 2-wheeled travel, camping etc. Sadly only a few are female, but I think we should set up a thread for a trial period just to see what happens- if you don't want to go there then you always have the option to ignore it.
Hey Visian, does this young Lady you mentioned live in our area????
Just my 2 cents worth,
Ian

Great idea! It would be a gold mine for any woman looking for an old geezer with anal compulsive tendencies towards bike maintenance, farkles, and atgatt who likes to discuss oil viscosity and rear end problems!:rofl

No reason to get personal....:D

Oh, my rear end is fine by the way.....no leaking.

One of the reasons I joined the MOA was to meet like minded souls who enjoy 2-wheeled travel, camping etc. Sadly only a few are female, but I think we should set up a thread for a trial period just to see what happens- if you don't want to go there then you always have the option to ignore it.
Hey Visian, does this young Lady you mentioned live in our area????
Just my 2 cents worth,
Ian

Scoobs - just wear your kilt! (but watch out for cell phone cameras) ;)

And yes, she lives somewhat nearby... *and* is a member of the Georgia club.

If she is around at the GMR, I will make an introduction. :nod

This article appeared in the October 2002 Minnesota Motorcycle Monthly.

Start Dating Motorcyclists
Finally, a noble call to action is being voiced by concerned motorcyclists. The "Start Dating Motorcyclists" bumper sticker brings to the forefront an issue that society has yet to fully deal with and, in fact, even has the nerve to ignore at times. Lonely bikers need love too! There are many, many lonely motorcyclists that have no one to care for them. With the purchase of this bumper sticker, you can do your part to save the soul of yet another lonely outlaw, or at least pay for dinner and a movie once in a while with their mothers. Like the life-giving donation of blood, your purchase of this sticker ensures that one less biker will go through life, unloved.

While the overall number of motorcyclists is declining the number of lonely motorcyclists that have no one to care for them continues to grow despite the efforts of concerned motorcyclist. It is time for the BMW MOA to act.

The BMW Motorcycle Owners of America was formed in April of 1972 as an all volunteer organization. According to the Articles of Incorporation the BMW MOA was formed for the purpose to operate and maintain a national BMW motorcycle owners club. The goal of the club is to promote the camaraderie and friendship of individual members and BMW motorcycle clubs.. Therefore, is the idea proposed by the OP such a stretch?

No! The only stretch should be our arms stretch to get around this idea as we embrace it. The proposed forum is a start yet more can be done. We should incorporate this idea in all aspects of the Association. A personals section of the Flea Market needs to be developed. New codes need to be developed and added to the Anonymous book for listing.

Lonely Motorcyclists have been an underserved part of the membership for far too long. We have been relegated to subcultures of commuters riding from one lonely site to the other, caf?® racers carving our lonely hearts out in the canyons of our solo lives, solo RTW riders searching the world for adventure and camaraderie finding only solitude and the isolation of the open road.

Two up riders, the next time you and that special person you ride with suit up for a ride think of the joy you and your pillion or riding partner will enjoy; then think of the lonely motorcyclist. Please, please find it in your heart to support your fellow BMW MOA members and support the effort to end Lonely Motorcycling in our lifetime.

1251004303_cALyC-M.jpg

Ok... here is the thought... as someone coming out of a 23 year marriage looking for my next partner to have a motorcycle license or at least ride on the back, I find I have only really bikerkiss.com to look at. What about a dating forum here? Let's face it, different types of bike are made for different kinds of riding. It could list type of bike and miles typically ridden per year etc. I am really not looking for a no windshield cruiser type of rider. OK so what do you think? I thought it would be a fun discussion anyway.

I think you should check your local Hell's Angels or Bandido's Chapter. I understand they have some very nice young ladies that go to their meetings. You could learn a new life style, meet new friends and gain another source of income. Gosh, in a few years you could become a full voting member. Think of all the money you would save on soap. And you would be free from those troublesome things in life like law and moral compass. :thumb

E

Wow that is harsh.

FWIW I have no problem with the concept, I am a single biker/family man who might like to meet a fellow member, but see all sorts of potential problems in implementing such a forum. The first it the leap from a respectful reasoned response in the second post to the one in post #36 which to my eye embraces gross stereotypes of what is being suggested. AKBeemer may be right and this is not an appropriate idea for this forum but I donÔÇÖt think I have lost or need to lose my moral compass or that a woman that I would meet in any way through the BMW MOA would be the sort of trash suggested in post 36.

Ok... here is the thought... as someone coming out of a 23 year marriage looking for my next partner to have a motorcycle license or at least ride on the back, I find I have only really bikerkiss.com to look at. What about a dating forum here? Let's face it, different types of bike are made for different kinds of riding. It could list type of bike and miles typically ridden per year etc. I am really not looking for a no windshield cruiser type of rider. OK so what do you think? I thought it would be a fun discussion anyway.

Get a puppy and then start posting in the side car forum(s)...
You'll thank me later. :ha

girls_love_puppies_by_beavotron-d30h334.jpg

Actually, I'd prefer a lady who COULD read a map, and a compass too.

Extra points if she not only has her own bike (we can carry more stuff, and my bike would handle better), but can maintain it too.

:heart

Wow that is harsh.

FWIW I have no problem with the concept, I am a single biker/family man who might like to meet a fellow member, but see all sorts of potential problems in implementing such a forum. The first it the leap from a respectful reasoned response in the second post to the one in post #36 which to my eye embraces gross stereotypes of what is being suggested. AKBeemer may be right and this is not an appropriate idea for this forum but I don’t think I have lost or need to lose my moral compass or that a woman that I would meet in any way through the BMW MOA would be the sort of trash suggested in post 36.

I apologize if I seemed harsh; that was not my intent. You’re taking the post waaaay too seriously. When you go to the grocery store no one looks for meat in the canned fruit section. If someone wants to meet someone, I think they should do it the old fashion way, or introduce yourself at a rally, or send a PM.

This isn't a lonely hearts club - just my two cents. :lurk

Last edited:
Back