• Welcome, Guest! We hope you enjoy the excellent technical knowledge, event information and discussions that the BMW MOA forum provides. Some forum content will be hidden from you if you remain logged out. If you want to view all content, please click the 'Log in' button above and enter your BMW MOA username and password.

If you are not an MOA member, why not take the time to join the club, so you can enjoy posting on the forum, the BMW Owners News magazine, and all of the discounts and benefits the BMW MOA offers?

Dating Forum Anyone?

Not sure ...

... But if I may make a suggestion..It just isn't worth it.

I'ts been my experience that after many years people come with baggage...

That said , also I believe in the old Tanya Tucker song...."if it don't come easy ? better let it go"

71243, you really don't have to agree. There are plenty of threads to follow.

I think some things are worth it. Never say never but as age creeps upon us it does become more difficult to adjust to another person.

Being honest about baggage is essential.

I think anything is worth it if you really want it.

:wave

Not sure if I agree with a dating forum here? I'm thinking we should stick too motorcycles?

Do you go into the sidecar forum? Or the forum of a topic you have no interest in?
Then why should this matter... Don't like it? Don't read it. But do not deprive others if they want it.
My 2?ó.

Great...a dating forum. :banghead

How about we keep it about BMW motorcycles and leave out the mating game??

Ok... here is the thought... as someone coming out of a 23 year marriage looking for my next partner to have a motorcycle license or at least ride on the back, I find I have only really bikerkiss.com to look at. What about a dating forum here? Let's face it, different types of bike are made for different kinds of riding. It could list type of bike and miles typically ridden per year etc. I am really not looking for a no windshield cruiser type of rider. OK so what do you think? I thought it would be a fun discussion anyway.

I have been thinking for years that a BMW motorcycle dating forum would be awesome... I am totally for having a dating forum. :love

Pick a time and place, someone also suggested a singles ride. I wasn't planning on going to the rally but I am now so count me in.
Perhaps a singles table in the beer garden with a sign that says "desperate old men" oops I mean people without partners, cuz I'm not old or really looking but I am single and friendly.

I agree... there needs to be a single meeting time at the national during the evening so everyone can gather around and meet each other.

Well, if each post includes pictures of the bike, woman or man. Then do it. No harm, no foul. We are all adults.

At the National...

attachment.php

(encore presentation)

...as someone coming out of a 23 year marriage looking for my next partner to have a motorcycle license...

There are plenty of great people out there looking for a meaningful relationship. You just have to prepare yourself by becoming the best person you can. Is that something you can do by jumping into a new partnership right after a 23 year marriage? I doubt it.

Does MOA really want to play the role of matchmaker and carry the burdens that go with it? We already give people the chance to build friendships based upon common interest. That should be enough.

A singles ride? Great idea. A dating forum? Not so much.

Last edited:
There are plenty of great people out there looking for a meaningful relationship. You just have to prepare yourself by becoming the best person you can. Is that something you can do by jumping into a new partnership right after a 23 year marriage? I doubt it.

Does MOA really want to play the role of matchmaker and carry the burdens that go with it? We already give people the chance to build friendships based upon common interest. That should be enough.

A singles ride? Great idea. A dating forum? Not so much.

I wouldn't consider this thread as a true "dating forum". Rather, it can be a place to post a singles ride, a lunch meet up, activities for single people who are interested in meeting other singles in their area. Nothing says "dating". Isn't that something you do well after you actually meet someone you want to get to know?

I met my wife at a BMW club rally in New Hampshire.

We saw each other again at the National in Redmond, circa 2004.

We got married in June. One of our friends owns a bike shop. We didn't care that he came straight from work.

IMG0386-L.jpg

It took a few months but finally I got her wedding present sorted out. The guy in the photo above helped a ton. This weekend we're going to Color in the Catskills with her new ride. :brad

i-kpbSQhF-L.jpg

So.... Get on your bike, go to rallies, see the world with an open mind and you never know you might just meet the woman of your dreams. Sitting at home surfing the web? Not so much.

So...after many, many threads on the BMW face book site on the subject I dared to create a page on face book...for singles to meet, gab, and maybe plan some events or simple meeting places. The site name is: BMW singles...hope to meet you there :)
:wave

I wouldn't consider this thread as a true "dating forum".... Nothing says "dating"... Isn't that something you do well after you actually meet someone you want to get to know?

The title of the thread is "Dating Forum Anyone?". Read the title and the OP and then tell me that someone can not consider this the beginnings of a dating forum. At least a weak attempt at one.

Where is it written that you have know someone before you can date them. When you were in high school and a student you did not know ask you out for the prom or just an evening out and about, did you not consider that a date?

Please enlighten me as to what you define as a "date".

So change the thread title to something else; possibly "interested singles" or "singles meet ups". Whatever.

My thoughts are simply it's just not worth a pissing match, Lynn. If you don't agree with the premise, don't participate.

I met my wife at a BMW club rally in New Hampshire.

We saw each other again at the National in Redmond, circa 2004.

We got married in June. One of our friends owns a bike shop. We didn't care that he came straight from work.

IMG0386-L.jpg

It took a few months but finally I got her wedding present sorted out. The guy in the photo above helped a ton. This weekend we're going to Color in the Catskills with her new ride. :brad

i-kpbSQhF-L.jpg

So.... Get on your bike, go to rallies, see the world with an open mind and you never know you might just meet the woman of your dreams. Sitting at home surfing the web? Not so much.

That's a great story and awesome wedding gift. Best wishes! :wave

Back