• Welcome, Guest! We hope you enjoy the excellent technical knowledge, event information and discussions that the BMW MOA forum provides. Some forum content will be hidden from you if you remain logged out. If you want to view all content, please click the 'Log in' button above and enter your BMW MOA username and password.

If you are not an MOA member, why not take the time to join the club, so you can enjoy posting on the forum, the BMW Owners News magazine, and all of the discounts and benefits the BMW MOA offers?

Dating Forum Anyone?

Well , even if I met someone here it just would likely not work.

Robin has never liked any I have brought home YET !!!!!

:banghead:dunno

There is a new man in my life.....

...and I'm thrilled! Meet my new grandson, Sullivan. He's a keeper! :thumb

Attachments

• 7-27-11_Sullivan_(3).jpg
    7-27-11_Sullivan_(3).jpg
    35.9 KB · Views: 148
Riding and being single

Interesting to read the thoughts and opinions here. Recently became single again after exploding at the drunk in my life and then threw him out of my house. I'm enjoying riding on my own - rather than waiting for him to finish a beer. However, it would be nice to meet a man who is not married or in a relationship with someone who rides a BMW and enjoys riding as much as I do. After going to the National in PA I figure more rallies are definitely in my future - this year's National was my first rally since 1992 and I'm still drunk from drinking from the firehose of the MOA National rally. Putting together something for those who are single and a bit on the shy side (that would be me!) at a National rally would be welcome.

Rapunzel

Last edited:
Interesting to read the thoughts and opinions here. Recently became single again after exploding at the drunk in my life and then threw him out of my house. I'm enjoying riding on my own - rather than waiting for him to finish a beer. However, it would be nice to meet a man who is not married or in a relationship with someone who rides a BMW and enjoys riding as much as I do. After going to the National in PA I figure more rallies are definitely in my future - this year's National was my first rally since 1992 and I'm still drunk from drinking from the firehose of the MOA National rally. Putting together something for those who are single and a bit on the shy side (that would be me!) at a National rally would be welcome.

Rapunzel
Welcome to the forum. Here in Mass one of the larger organized groups is the Yankee Beemers. Events vary (yesterday was a quick run to Marshfield for breakfast) and you can find more info here http://www.yankeebeemers.org/ HTH Gary

I was just pointed to this discussion forum. Honestly, I would love to have a "Singles" site for BMW riders. I lost my soul mate and riding partner 9 years ago.Have been riding solo ever since. Always thought I would meet someone with the same mindset and passion for riding as me. Have met many, many good buddies, but they are all taken by good ladies. And since I am not running around with a sign around my neck advertising that I am looking nor am I radiating the "damsel in distress" signals...no one knows. The great thing about meeting other BMW riders is that we are not gender oriented but are all simply riders. However, this might be part of the problem in meeting someone. And heck yah....2000: 1 ratio should just level the playing field for me :dance

Yes...why not....at least we all know we have one thing in common: riding. Wish I would have known of this discussion before the riding season. It might be awkward considering the ration male/female...but heck ; it is worth a try. At least I know I am save with the bunch of guys I am riding with

I have tried the on -line dating for years and living in the UP (while I love it) is not a plus when it comes to dating. But Scotty, I have to tell you, when I see your beer signature it makes me think you might enjoy it a bit too much...and popcorn and drink suggest a couch potato...may be you should consider changing the smilies?

I have tried the on -line dating for years and living in the UP (while I love it) is not a plus when it comes to dating. But Scotty, I have to tell you, when I see your beer signature it makes me think you might enjoy it a bit too much...and popcorn and drink suggest a couch potato...may be you should consider changing the smilies?

OUCH!!

Scotty makes some tasty brew and enjoys riding/rallies like any other rider who attends.

Ok... here is the thought... as someone coming out of a 23 year marriage looking for my next partner to have a motorcycle license or at least ride on the back, I find I have only really bikerkiss.com to look at. What about a dating forum here? Let's face it, different types of bike are made for different kinds of riding. It could list type of bike and miles typically ridden per year etc. I am really not looking for a no windshield cruiser type of rider. OK so what do you think? I thought it would be a fun discussion anyway.

Not sure if I agree with a dating forum here? I'm thinking we should stick too motorcycles?

But if I may make a suggestion..maybe don't rush into anything. I've been divorced for 40 years, been pretty dog-gone happy the whole time. Hell I don't even date much any more. It just isn't worth it.

I'ts been my experience that after many years people come with baggage , and that baggage becomes trouble. It might be money, kids, G/kids, ex-spouses & or so-on.

That said , also I believe in the old Tanya Tucker song...."if it don't come easy ? better let it go"

Back