• Welcome Guest! If you are already a member of the BMW MOA, please log in to the forum in the upper right hand corner of this page. Check "Remember Me?" if you wish to stay logged in.

We hope you enjoy the excellent technical knowledge, event information and discussions that the BMWMOA forum provides. Why not take the time to join the club, so you can enjoy posting on the forum, the club magazine, and all of the discounts and benefits the BMWMOA offers?

Want to read the MOA monthly magazine for free? Take a 3-month test ride of the magazine; check here for details.

• NOTE. Some content will be hidden from you. If you want to view all content, you must register for the forum if you are not a member, or if a member, you must be logged in.

Dating Forum Anyone?

I apologize if I seemed harsh; that was not my intent. YouÔÇÖre taking the post waaaay too seriously. When you go to the grocery store no one looks for meat in the canned fruit section. If someone wants to meet someone, I think they should do it the old fashion way, or introduce yourself at a rally, or send a PM.

This isn't a lonely hearts club - just my two cents. :lurk

:ha

Not a fan of affinity marketing? On a practical level given space limitations and stock layout various canned meats may share the same aisle in any grocery store. Fresh meat departments regularly display products sold in other parts of the store.

Not every member is a rally rat. As for PMs we donÔÇÖt seem to have evolved the culture that allows this without the potential of stigma and draconian controls being applied.

This may not be a lonely hearts club but their are some lonely hearts here.

I think the solution is simple, stop riding a BMW and you'll meet all sorts of women.

According to Diann whenever I park my my BMW, it attracts two types of people;

1) Old German men who come over to strike up a conversation

2) Young women who remark that their Dad has one too:laugh

Regards, Rod.

I think the solution is simple, stop riding a BMW and you'll meet all sorts of women.

According to Diann whenever I park my my BMW, it attracts two types of people;

Regards, Rod.

:ha :ha :ha

E

Regards, Rod.

It is always said that women look for someone like their dad, and heck, I don't mind talking to young women, even being happily married, it is nice to know I at least don't look too scary!

Last edited:
This isn't a lonely hearts club -

No. It's not. :brow
But it is 'our' club. This forum based on its similar interests seems fine to that end.

Minimally a Lady or Gentleman can connect via Private Messages once it is known that they in fact are available.

Place an ad and invite Private Messaging.

My experience has been #1 but not to just strike up a conversation. They want to know more about the bike! Heavily accented older (than me!) German man w/family and friends in tow assured me my little bike (Is that a single, he asked) would take me anywhere I wanted to go.

No. It's not. :brow
But it is 'our' club. This forum based on its similar interests seems fine to that end.

Minimally a Lady or Gentleman can connect via Private Messages once it is known that they in fact are available.

Place an ad and invite Private Messaging.

It is settled then, you can hire a good attorney to represent us and satisfy the judgment after we get sued. And if anyone doesn't think those sites get sued, you need to do a little additional internet reading.

E

It is settled then, you can hire a good attorney to represent us and satisfy the judgment after we get sued. And if anyone doesn't think those sites get sued, you need to do a little additional internet reading.

E

Anybody and anything can be sued, it is an unfortunate side effect of our legal system, but if you live your life worrying about it, you will surely be in the grave early, and without much fun before.

I would think the risk of a lawsuit would be much greater from somebody recommending XYZ road, and then when someone rides it they crash, or burn their house down trying to do a DIY project, then claim the post/recommendation was inaccurate, and didn't come with a disclaimer.

Anybody and anything can be sued, it is an unfortunate side effect of our legal system, but if you live your life worrying about it, you will surely be in the grave early, and without much fun before.

I would think the risk of a lawsuit would be much greater from somebody recommending XYZ road, and then when someone rides it they crash, or burn their house down trying to do a DIY project, then claim the post/recommendation was inaccurate, and didn't come with a disclaimer.

I don't think someone should live their life worrying about anything. But then the courts are full of people who did not think there was anything to worry about. If someone is lonely, go to one of the dating sites and post a sexy photo of yourself on your BMW, and see if you get a nibble (no pun intended.) Why turn "our" site into a match making service? Our site may be for the purpose of bringing people together, but not like that.

E

Last edited:
Holly, I love the sticker. Can we get them anywhere?

Sharon

I bought it from Aerostitch. Came with a regular sized Start Seeing Motorcyclists, the regular sized Start Dating Motorcyclists and a small version of each for your bike. The next time I was ordering something from them, they were no longer available.

Is being sued by a fellow member really a concern we should have to have? What does that say about our membership?

I don't understand why it is such a big deal to have a personals section in the Flea Market or a subforum dedicated to looking for like-minded persons. Personally, I'm not interested, but if other members are, why not let them pursue it. It may become the biggest draw for continued membership. After all, how many times do you have to read about the same job or question before the boredom sets in and you start spending your computer time elsewhere? Chances are, every person on this site will at some point find themselves alone either through death or divorce. Or their spouse will. You, or they, may really appreciate having access to a group of BMW riders which may contain the person you want to continue with thru life.

Tom

My experience has been #1 but not to just strike up a conversation. They want to know more about the bike! Heavily accented older (than me!) German man w/family and friends in tow assured me my little bike (Is that a single, he asked) would take me anywhere I wanted to go.

Yup, I had one of them leap in front of me shouting "Earles Forks!" as I was looking for a campsite once. Good thing I was going slowly as I tried to spot a good site, since he seems to have forgotten that bikes with Earles forks also have vintage brakes.

My guess is this is one site where men don't get a hassle from their SO because the intent of the site is all good natured humor and bike enthusiasts. It should stay that way. There are other ways to meet someone than blasting an ad in the forum. I think adding it would present a headache to many of the members.

But......I could be wrong! :bikes

My guess is this is one site where men don't get a hassle from their SO because the intent of the site is all good natured humor and bike enthusiasts. It should stay that way. There are other ways to meet someone than blasting an ad in the forum. I think adding it would present a headache to many of the members.

But......I could be wrong! :bikes

A few years back we had a couple that broke up and the flame wars while they were still members were something to read. Heck as I remember the wife renewed just to stalk her x on-line.
:evil

I suspect we have members that PM and get together already. I am not certain we have the culture yet that supports that on a large scale but that exists already. I agree doing such a sub-forum would be full of headaches and difficulties. Discussions like this thread should help us evolve from giggling grade schoolers on the playground to adults that can have some fun with out trips to the lawyer for litigation.

Way back in '96, after a bit of life shift, I thought that it would be really nice to meet a woman who was a rider or was just plain interested in motorcycle travel. Two years later in Missoula I was still thinking the same thing but rallies as a 'meeting site' was just too naive. So, riding alone for a while really turned out to be somewhat therapeautic and in 2000 life evolved to that place that I formally tried so hard to make happen. :scratch

I do not endorse the idea of using this forum as a 'Dating' venue. Interesting discussion though. - Bob

I'm looking for a woman who is independant, makes plenty money, and is hot. Red heads will get priority. Applicant must have a 2007 or later K1300GT or a K1600GT. Please send pics (of the bike).

C'mon... Now that thar is FUNNY!! ;-)

(The pics part!!!)

Is being sued by a fellow member really a concern we should have to have? What does that say about our membership?

I don't understand why it is such a big deal to have a personals section in the Flea Market or a subforum dedicated to looking for like-minded persons. Personally, I'm not interested, but if other members are, why not let them pursue it. It may become the biggest draw for continued membership. After all, how many times do you have to read about the same job or question before the boredom sets in and you start spending your computer time elsewhere? Chances are, every person on this site will at some point find themselves alone either through death or divorce. Or their spouse will. You, or they, may really appreciate having access to a group of BMW riders which may contain the person you want to continue with thru life.

Tom

Well said Tom !

Tom

I had a professional experience that turned into a personal experience with a murder case that occurred in Houston. The victim was murdered by an individual she met on a dating service. It was an unusual first ,and last, date to say the least. He turned out to have a substantial criminal history that she was not aware of, nor was the dating service, but that did not prevent an amazing law suit. And the suit was not brought by a fellow member. It was brought by the estate. This is just one suit I'm aware of. The list goes on and on. Heard of the Craig’s List Killer? Obviously, this is a worst case scenario, but I was trained to anticipate the worst case scenario. I don't hesitate to say that other than the information we submit to BMWMOA, this organization knows only what we decide to tell. When has BMWMOA looked into the background of any of us? Don't get me wrong, the people I've met in this organization are a truly a great bunch of folks. But things happen.

Personally, I'm very happily married and will never use this or any other site for such a purpose. But that is my choice, and what this club decides to do is its choice. But please don't be naive and pretend that actions don't have consequences.

We can't even talk politics and we want to start a dating service???? Excuse me; I have to go open a good bottle Pinot Noir. I'll be back later.

E

Last edited:
Back