• Welcome, Guest! We hope you enjoy the excellent technical knowledge, event information and discussions that the BMW MOA forum provides. Some forum content will be hidden from you if you remain logged out. If you want to view all content, please click the 'Log in' button above and enter your BMW MOA username and password.

If you are not an MOA member, why not take the time to join the club, so you can enjoy posting on the forum, the BMW Owners News magazine, and all of the discounts and benefits the BMW MOA offers?

• Beginning April 1st, and running through April 30th, there is a new 2024 BMW MOA Election discussion area within The Club section of the forum. Within this forum area is also a sticky post that provides the ground rules for participating in the Election forum area. Also, the candidates statements are provided. Please read before joining the conversation, because the rules are very specific to maintain civility.

The Election forum is here: Election Forum

Rider mapcase

snookers

DBLUPPR
Last fall while riding on the Blue Ridge Parkway I met a rider that had a mapcase which he wore like a backpack so that his passenger could act as navigator more easily. I thought to myself that this was a novel idea as it adds more interest for the passenger, the only thing is I can't find anything like it. :dunno
Would anyone here have any insight with this. The mapcase was clear flexible plastic and would have been able to hold an 8x10 sheet of paper and as said was attached to straps enabling the rider/operator to wear it like a backpack. Any help is appreciated

Roadgear Adventure Backpack Map Holder $30. With the Adventure Backpack Map Holder, two-up riding becomes an interactive event. It frees up the rider to pay attention to the road, while the passenger handles the navigation duties. We can't think of better couples therapy. Available in several different colors. www.roadgear.com Look under Soft Luggage, then Map Holders.

Attachments

• map holder.jpg
    map holder.jpg
    11.4 KB · Views: 315
rockbottom.......the unit you provided a link for would have been my "other" choice, and I would have added some webbing to it as well in order to wear it. Thanks.

Hmmm. Might also work great as an "If found, please return to..." information sheet for me to wear at the Rally Biergarten.

Or...

If you can read this...

Use your imagination.

In our case it might just mean my top case fell off!

Last edited:
Back