• Welcome, Guest! We hope you enjoy the excellent technical knowledge, event information and discussions that the BMW MOA forum provides. Some forum content will be hidden from you if you remain logged out. If you want to view all content, please click the 'Log in' button above and enter your BMW MOA username and password.

If you are not an MOA member, why not take the time to join the club, so you can enjoy posting on the forum, the BMW Owners News magazine, and all of the discounts and benefits the BMW MOA offers?

• Beginning April 1st, and running through April 30th, there is a new 2024 BMW MOA Election discussion area within The Club section of the forum. Within this forum area is also a sticky post that provides the ground rules for participating in the Election forum area. Also, the candidates statements are provided. Please read before joining the conversation, because the rules are very specific to maintain civility.

The Election forum is here: Election Forum

South FLA BMW scene?

xp8103

Is there one? We're looking at the possibility of ending up in sfla (Key Largo-ish) in the years to come when such times allow us and are wondering if there is a BMW club/scene down that way at all?

Just curious.

There is a BMW group that rides out of BMW of Miami. They are riding to Marathon next weekend down in the keys. I have not ridden with them yet, but I see all of their stuff on Facebook and they do a lot of riding.

Look for this on Facebook
BMW & Triumph Motorcycles of Miami

I am thinking of going on the Maraton Key trip.

Here is the Facebook post for the ride.

Hi everybody, next ride will be on Sunday, April 17th. We are going to the Florida Keys, were well have the opportunity to ride over the famous Seven Mile Bridge. Then lunch will be, at Sunset Grille Restaurant, located at 7 Knights Key Blvd Marathon, Florida Ph# (305) 396-7235. a nice water front restaurant. After lunch, it will be pool time to escape from the heat, so make sure you bring your bathing suit. Well meet as usual at the BMW dealer (NW 36 ST and Palmetto Express Way) at 8:00 AM and departure at 9:00 AM. Well be traveling south on Florida Turk pique to Florida City, first stop will be at the Shell gas station on Palm Dr. I hope to see you all.

BTW, I was up in your area last July for a great trip to meet some friends that live in East Orland. What a great area. We did Cadillac Mountain and Bar Harbor and Bootbay harbor and Acadia National park. The roads are a little bumpy, but the scenery is fantastic. You might want to do summers up there and winters down here like our friends and millions of other snowbirds. We hope to do that when we retire.

Danny

Hi Danny,

Thanks for the note! Was exactly what I was hoping to find. It's still some years away when we're able but we spent a week in Key Largo over this past Christmas and my wife announced that she could easily see us retiring there. Summer here is nice (and you picked one of the best in decades to visit!) for a couple months and the falls are generally nice. After that, all bets are off. :)

Back