Thread: Way to go, Cardo!

Rodwood

Way to go, Cardo!

I wanted to post about what GREAT customer service I just received on my Scala G4.
    I had a problem with the unit, was given instant help from Cardo and an RMA number, I sent it back and, BAM, just received a new unit via UPS.
    I'm very happy with the product and it's great to know they had my back when I needed them.

Motorradfahrer
    I have been very happy with the Q2 and bought the G4 at the end of last year. Nice to know that they back their products. I have called them for technical assistance and they were great. So many companies treat consumers like a necessary evil we should take time to reward and promote the good ones.

Now if we can just get them to design them with a jack output instead of those crummy speakers!
    John.

Rally Rat
    Not that difficult to do yourself if you want, I have done 2 now, parts are available in stock at Radio Shack for under $5 if you have a soldering iron. I agree though, they should sell it as an option.

Quote Originally Posted by john1691 View Post
    Not that difficult to do yourself if you want, I have done 2 now, parts are available in stock at Radio Shack for under $5 if you have a soldering iron. I agree though, they should sell it as an option.
    Yep, did mine too, it was just a PITA, vs being able to buy it that way already.
    John.

leesrt
    Please describe what you did to your Scala. I would like to nix those speakers to.

Quote Originally Posted by leesrt View Post
    Please describe what you did to your Scala. I would like to nix those speakers to.
    Do a search on Scala Speaker mod & find the 2 or 3 articles on ADV Rider, I think. Those are VERY detailed, with pictures, etc. I used those directions. I think they were referenced here on the MOA site as well, but the actual articles are on ADV.

Basically, you will measure & cut the speakers off, solder the leads to a female plug & then fasten it to the stick on part. I tried Gorrilla Glue at first with poor results, then I used an 8 minute 2 part plastic epoxy that so far is working great. I glued the female port to the flat on the sticky thing on the side of my helmet.

There are 3 wires in the speaker leads, one is not used, I think it is part of the FM antenna or something.
    John.

Ted
    "A good stick is a good reason"
    1994 K75RT
    Moto Pages

Lucky you! I had all kinds of trouble with my G4 and Cardo would not deal with me for a refund. They even said they have had trouble with the VOX. All I could get is a credit from the retailer I purchased them from. I now have the Sena BT. They are soooo much better than the Cardo.

Sena sells a extra clamp set up for ear buds, I think it was around $30. Unless you have to stick with Cardo for pairing with others, I would go with Sena. Mine has worked really well and the battery lasts several hours.

I've been happy so far with my new Scala Rider G4 too. And I agree that their customer support is great. They respond quickly to eMails and there is no hold time if calling them by phone.

The only problem I've had is that I can't get the VOX activated intercom mode to work. I've updated the firmware to v3.0 and reset the VOX sensitivity to High, but still no luck. My buddy has the same issue with his G4.

To be honest, we have not had time to test the VOX on the road and have only been able to try it while standing next to a running bike outdoors (a Buell which is noticeably louder than my R1200RT). I've read posts on other forums that indicate it takes a certain amount of background noise for the VOX to work.

Other than the VOX, the G4 works pretty much as advertised. I'm very suspicious of the claimed 1 mile intercom range, but haven't been able to do any tests of that yet.

Lee
    Last edited by Lee200; 04-07-2011 at 10:17 PM.