• Welcome, Guest! We hope you enjoy the excellent technical knowledge, event information and discussions that the BMW MOA forum provides. Some forum content will be hidden from you if you remain logged out. If you want to view all content, please click the 'Log in' button above and enter your BMW MOA username and password.

If you are not an MOA member, why not take the time to join the club, so you can enjoy posting on the forum, the BMW Owners News magazine, and all of the discounts and benefits the BMW MOA offers?

1993 K75S seat change

A&S Bar Backs

Here's the Barbacks that you want. They are specifically made for early K-bikes. They have the mount for the dash pad. Since your bike is a later model S (built after 9/91), you will NOT need the different brake hose (even though it says you do).

http://www.ascycles.com/detail.aspx?ID=1349

:dance:dance:dance
Just called A&S for a shipping charge estimate to Montreal, Canada (while watching the Canadiens leading the Bruins) and they're going to charge me $30 bucks for shipping. :scratch

Man o man, that's a lot of money for shipping. I need a friend on the border in Vermont or New York.

93 k75s seat change - part remaining

So I completed the switch from my low seat to the normal height seat on my 93 K75S. I have a couple of parts left which the former owner had tossed into the bag with the other parts when he originally converted the bike to the lower seat version.

Now, I am wondering where these parts actually fit. Here is a picture of the little critters. Thanks again for your assistance.

DSCN8958.jpg

DSCN8957.jpg

Ghyslain

The strap is a reusable wire tie for tying wires and cables to the frame. Mostly used under the gas tank.

The plastic cap is a cover for the nuts on the bottom of your mirrors or for the nuts inside the tail section on the floor of the trunk so that stuff in the trunk doesn't get scraped.

1993 K75S A&S Barbacks w/Threaded Bosses

OK, I think I know what 98lee is refering to in his statement of "threaded bosses".

In the picture below, I can see two (one per side) horizontal openings for inserting screws which do not have anything to do with the handlebars. Are those the "threaded bosses" where the crash pad attaches?

Handlebar-Bar-Backs-BMW-Motorcycles-BB1_aug-2010.jpg

What do you mean by "threaded bosses for the dash pad"?

I found these on ebay: http://cgi.ebay.com/ebaymotors/ws/e...80659667866&ssPageName=ADME:X:RTQ:MOTORS:1123

They are half the price of the A&S barbacks. Any input would be gladly accepted.:wave

Do not get these! They will NOT raise the bars on a K. If you look at the bar mounts on your bike, they are angled steeply down towards the rear. The rise in these barbacks will just cancel out the drop in the bars caused by moving them back.

Also they are not relieved on the bottom side at the rear. They will come VERY close to the tank and probably hit the hook of the factory tankbag that you are looking for.

OK, I think I know what 98lee is refering to in his statement of "threaded bosses".

In the picture below, I can see two (one per side) horizontal openings for inserting screws which do not have anything to do with the handlebars. Are those the "threaded bosses" where the crash pad attaches?

Handlebar-Bar-Backs-BMW-Motorcycles-BB1_aug-2010.jpg

Yes, those are the "threaded bosses".

Impressive!!

The strap is a reusable wire tie for tying wires and cables to the frame. Mostly used under the gas tank.

The plastic cap is a cover for the nuts on the bottom of your mirrors or for the nuts inside the tail section on the floor of the trunk so that stuff in the trunk doesn't get scraped.:dance:dance:dance
I am impressed as I just found where the two pieces originate: the last owner installed a throttle lock cruise control lever which forced him to remove the cover from the bottom of the righthand mirror. The cable is from the front brake hydraulic hose which attaches to the tube of the front by the front of the fuel reservoir, he has two tie wraps there right now. Impressive gents.

Yes, those are the "threaded bosses".

Question: when one installs the A&S barbacks, doesn't this create a larger space between the cable cover and the crash (foam) pad? Just curious for those who have went this route.

Also, I am not happy with the original S bars. Do this barbacks significantly help even though it is only an inch up and back?

Back