• Welcome Guest! If you are already a member of the BMW MOA, please log in to the forum in the upper right hand corner of this page. Check "Remember Me?" if you wish to stay logged in.

We hope you enjoy the excellent technical knowledge, event information and discussions that the BMWMOA forum provides. Why not take the time to join the club, so you can enjoy posting on the forum, the club magazine, and all of the discounts and benefits the BMWMOA offers?

Want to read the MOA monthly magazine for free? Take a 3-month test ride of the magazine; check here for details.

• NOTE. Some content will be hidden from you. If you want to view all content, you must register for the forum if you are not a member, or if a member, you must be logged in.

1993 K75S seat change

Abs tool

You lucky son of a gun!

I wold LOVE to come across one of these!
If I remember correctly, I think he told me that it was an ABS diag tool. However, apparently, it is incomplete without the computer.

So, what does it do?

Reverse pictures

Yes, excellent walk through! You don't happen to have one for the low version do you? ;)
I can always take reverse pictures and provide a shot-by-shot sequence of events of the low seat removal if you want.

I will be away all week so it would be until next weekend that I start working on the reinstalling the low seat.

Ghyslain

how do you keep your bike so clean!

That's the dirtiest it's EVER been. Busy ALL last year working on my racecar, didn't even make it to Redmond, or the 49er, or the Range of Light. Then rode a bunch in the rain this winter without having a chance to clean it. Hurt my shoulder (fell down the stairs) in Jan. so haven't been able to do any work on it. It's due.

:dance:dance:dance

DSCN8845.jpg

BEAUTIFUL!!!!!!

WAY better than any RT!!!:thumb:thumb:thumb You're gonna LOVE it.

Hey Ghyslain, be a bud and sell Ted your bulb kit. He's been wanting one for ages. Every Christmas he asks Santa for one but all he gets is a lump of coal.

Here's a couple of shots of those "special BMW tools" which I just removed from the wrapper:

DSCN8854.jpg

Pliers for the clips that hold the tank down and the seat pin clips?
No - pliers to remove the shims from the lifters. Silly looking things. I have a pair as part of the shim kit/tools..

Last edited by a moderator:
Yes, excellent walk through! You don't happen to have one for the low version do you? ;)

WAY more involved! I don't have a complete lowseat model to take photos of but if you want, I could pretty much tell you on the phone how to go about most of it. I've done it a few times.

PM me with you number and a time to call (I've got unlimited calling) and I'll walk you through it.

Fuel Reservoir Rubber Plate

I will be removing the three mounting plates that hold the fuel tank cover assembly for the low seat. I suspect I will need to heat the residual foam stuck to the fuel tank. I know about the dental floss or fishing line tricks. Heat seems to always work very well.

Then I need to reinstall the rubber plate (that's how BMW describes it) that protects the standard seat from rubbing against the fuel tank. What adhesive product (must be non-permanent and ultimately removable) would you guys recommend or have you used in the past for this task?

I picked up a tube of the automotive product Gloozit: http://www.nlsproducts.ca/gloozit.html

What adhesive product (must be non-permanent and ultimately removable) would you guys recommend or have you used in the past for this task?
http://www.nlsproducts.ca/gloozit.html

While most pads are probably installed with non-removable adhesive, it does make sense to use a removable adhesive. But I don't have any experience with any. :dunno

Worst case, it's in an area that is always covered with SOMETHING (lowseat pad or standard "plate").

:danceI will be talking with Mr. Ted as I am going to need some fund raising activities to further accessorize this new acquisition, e.g. heated grips, bar risers, mud flap extenders, to name but a few. :dance

Future Items for sale

Where do I post parts for sale?

I think there is a restriction on posting or advertising items on DIY dedicated threads; wouldn't want to get on the moderators' bad side. :)

Here's the Barbacks that you want. They are specifically made for early K-bikes. They have the mount for the dash pad. Since your bike is a later model S (built after 9/91), you will NOT need the different brake hose (even though it says you do).

http://www.ascycles.com/detail.aspx?ID=1349

A&S has them specifically made for early Ks by a local machine shop.

I haven't seen any other brand that fits perfectly AND has the threaded bosses for the dash pad.

93 k75s barbacks

Well then there is a price to pay for a well designed and properly fitting aftermarket accessory. Thanks, that's all I needed to convince me. I just thought they were on the slightly pricey side.

Back