• Welcome, Guest! We hope you enjoy the excellent technical knowledge, event information and discussions that the BMW MOA forum provides. Some forum content will be hidden from you if you remain logged out. If you want to view all content, please click the 'Log in' button above and enter your BMW MOA username and password.

If you are not an MOA member, why not take the time to join the club, so you can enjoy posting on the forum, the BMW Owners News magazine, and all of the discounts and benefits the BMW MOA offers?

Fun in the mud

Grey_Matter

I met up with some guys from ADVrider for a little ride last Saturday. This is how the trails are most of the winter in the Pacific North West.

What goes up must come down.
16293356-M.jpg

Wipe-out. I must have hit a tree root or something. I was the only one who dumped it.
16293349-M.jpg

16293621-M.jpg

Just a little puddle.
16293363-M.jpg

Thanks to Davidovich650 for taking the pictures & for setting up the ride.

I have to applaud you! :clap

You rode that GS in places that I would consider to be off-limits. I have an '86 XR600R Honda.....made for places such as you rode.

I can see a GS going down a dirt or gravel road, but that's about it. It's not exactly a "real" dirtbike you know. :brow

Anyway.....a tip of the ole hat to you...... :thumb

whoooo-weeee! i commend your playing in the mud. i also commend your willingness to share your wipe out with your bmw bre/sis across the nation - both activities are gutsy.

dano said:
Anyway.....a tip of the ole hat to you...... :thumb

I second that! Especially if you didn't have the TKC80s on (can't see for sure...)

At 600 pounds, these things are full-on pigs the mud... and I don't know whether it's worse to fall over in a mud puddle like that one, or to get it stuck.

I once got my G/S stuck in what turned out to be quicksand... dang near sunk the bike. Had to walk about two miles and get a farmer to pull me out with his tractor. :doh

Ian

Visian said:
I second that! Especially if you didn't have the TKC80s on (can't see for sure...)

At 600 pounds, these things are full-on pigs the mud... and I don't know whether it's worse to fall over in a mud puddle like that one, or to get it stuck.

I once got my G/S stuck in what turned out to be quicksand... dang near sunk the bike. Had to walk about two miles and get a farmer to pull me out with his tractor. :doh

Ian
I was planning to put the TKC 80ÔÇÖs on the night before the ride but I was too tied (lazy) I did the ride with the Tourances. The GS is more capable than people give credit. Having said that once it start going down it is going down. If you take your GS off road it will go down, itÔÇÖs just the way it is.

I don't think I'd have the "brass", to take an $18,000.00 motorcycle off-road, and try to turn it into a dirtbike. :bolt

If I did not want to ride off road I would be riding an RT. Heck, I will probably get an RT or a GT anyway. Mine did not cost near $18,000.00.

Back