• Welcome, Guest! We hope you enjoy the excellent technical knowledge, event information and discussions that the BMW MOA forum provides. Some forum content will be hidden from you if you remain logged out. If you want to view all content, please click the 'Log in' button above and enter your BMW MOA username and password.

If you are not an MOA member, why not take the time to join the club, so you can enjoy posting on the forum, the BMW Owners News magazine, and all of the discounts and benefits the BMW MOA offers?

PENNY pinching idea's:)

I ride a little red F650 GS and I am little... but I don't get 65 MPG like NYTrashman... :scratch:cry

photo-20.jpg

I'll be riding over 1600 miles one way to the rally this year... I'm not as fortunate as all those who make good money as I'll really be riding in a penny pinch! Any good suggestions on how a girl can ride to national to where she will still be safe by cutting back cost of traveling to and from the national this year?

I'll definitely be at the beer tent Saturday night, George! The beer already sounds pretty good!:kiss

CouchSurfing.org

I heard about this a couple of years ago but have no experience with it. However, it may very well be worth a look to see if there is anybody on your route offering free places to crash.

http://www.couchsurfing.org/

"How does CouchSurfing work?

CouchSurfing members share hospitality with one another. These exchanges are a uniquely rich form of cultural interaction. Hosts have the opportunity to meet people from all over the world without leaving home. "Surfers," or travelers, are able to participate in the local life of the places they visit. We also give more people the chance to become travelers, because "surfing" lowers the financial cost of exploration."​

From CouchSurfing.org About page.

Good stuff:)

Travel has become quite the financial puzzle for so many as costs go up in life these days!!! All here have become really good at it too, with many great offers of brotherhood/membership,etc...Amarillo lady with tire wear issues? I ride East a couple times a year, so If our paths meet, you'll indeed wear those sidewalls down some more:). I may well take Meridian, MISS., into my travel plans this coming Summer on my way to wherever(perhaps Bloomsdburg) and Amarillo is in line! My Daughter flies NAVY there, as a upcoming fighter jock. She also rides F650s:). I'm gonna remember some of these posts, print'em and carry them along. Beer tent offer is a done deal:). Hope I can make it and the offers are tempting me out of my nest again:). GSA1200 Randy"Polarbear"

Back