• Welcome, Guest! We hope you enjoy the excellent technical knowledge, event information and discussions that the BMW MOA forum provides. Some forum content will be hidden from you if you remain logged out. If you want to view all content, please click the 'Log in' button above and enter your BMW MOA username and password.

If you are not an MOA member, why not take the time to join the club, so you can enjoy posting on the forum, the BMW Owners News magazine, and all of the discounts and benefits the BMW MOA offers?

• Beginning April 1st, and running through April 30th, there is a new 2024 BMW MOA Election discussion area within The Club section of the forum. Within this forum area is also a sticky post that provides the ground rules for participating in the Election forum area. Also, the candidates statements are provided. Please read before joining the conversation, because the rules are very specific to maintain civility.

The Election forum is here: Election Forum

New member in almost northern Indiana

i-scream-stop

iscream-stop
Just got my membership in, I'm in Rossville, In. Little town about 15 miles east of Purdue with nothing in it but some gas stations, a couple pizza joints and a pretty decent place to eat if your ever in the area. I just got a 91 k1200LT late las riding season that is basically brand new. I only got in 2500 miles before the snow started falling. I have been riding for about 19 years and my wife has had her own bike for last 4 years or so and our kids love riding with us.
I love my bmw and every one I have met that rides one seem to have a great love of just riding and are fully aware of the dangers of riding and how to be safe and comfortable. I have always got funny looks and sneers when i would walk into some shop or eatery wearing all my stuff and it seemed fitting to be in a club of people who understand the way I dress and ride. So, Thnk you for accepting me in and lets RIDE ON!

Attachments

• vaca183.jpg
    vaca183.jpg
    68.3 KB · Views: 62
Welcome. I don't know if I have been through your town but I have been close. We like riding from South Bend down that way occasionally to eat and the Whistle Stop and look at the windmills. Generally we are looking for a little warmer temps as well when we head that way. Seems to be at least 5 degrees warmer than South Bend in any given day. In early spring and in fall that can make all the difference. Enjoy the new ride and welcome.

Welcome!

Been through Rossville many times when going from Kokomo to Lafayette for work. Never stopped as far as I can remember though.:whistle

Might see you out and about this year.

Eric

Welcome. I don't know if I have been through your town but I have been close. We like riding from South Bend down that way occasionally to eat and the Whistle Stop and look at the windmills. Generally we are looking for a little warmer temps as well when we head that way. Seems to be at least 5 degrees warmer than South Bend in any given day. In early spring and in fall that can make all the difference. Enjoy the new ride and welcome.

One of my favorite "boring day" meaning I'm bored that day and just take off, is to run up thru the windmills to the dairy farm off 114 and get an ice cream. That is the creamiest ice cream I have ever had. I don't drink so Ice cream shops are my bars and somehow most of my riding destinations.

Back