• Welcome, Guest! We hope you enjoy the excellent technical knowledge, event information and discussions that the BMW MOA forum provides. Some forum content will be hidden from you if you remain logged out. If you want to view all content, please click the 'Log in' button above and enter your BMW MOA username and password.

If you are not an MOA member, why not take the time to join the club, so you can enjoy posting on the forum, the BMW Owners News magazine, and all of the discounts and benefits the BMW MOA offers?

• Beginning April 1st, and running through April 30th, there is a new 2024 BMW MOA Election discussion area within The Club section of the forum. Within this forum area is also a sticky post that provides the ground rules for participating in the Election forum area. Also, the candidates statements are provided. Please read before joining the conversation, because the rules are very specific to maintain civility.

The Election forum is here: Election Forum

Texting for Seniors

m0rbid45

At 44 I already have a couple of these. Thought I would share for anyone out there that does not understand their parents.

Since more and more Seniors are texting and tweeting there appears to be a need for a STC (Senior Texting Code). If you qualify for Senior Discounts this is the code for you.

Please pass this on to your CHILDREN and Grandchildren so they can understand your texts.
ATD: At The Doctor's
BFF: Best Friend Fainted
BTW: Bring The Wheelchair
BYOT: Bring Your Own Teeth
CBM: Covered By Medicare
CGU: Can't get up
CUATSC: See You At The Senior Center
DWI: Driving While Incontinent
FWB: Friend With Beta Blockers
FWIW: Forgot Where I Was
FYI: Found Your Insulin
GGPBL: Gotta Go, Pacemaker Battery Low!
GHA: Got Heartburn Again
HGBM: Had Good Bowel Movement
IMHO: Is My Hearing-Aid On?
LMDO: Laughing My Dentures Out
LOL: Living On Lipitor
LWO: Lawrence Welk's On
OMMR: On My Massage Recliner
OMSG: Oh My! Sorry, Gas.
ROFL... CGU: Rolling On The Floor Laughing... And Can't Get Up
TTYL: Talk To You Louder
WAITT: Who Am I Talking To?
WTFA: Wet The Furniture Again
WTP: Where's The Prunes?
WWNO: Walker Wheels Need Oil
GGLKI: (Gotta Go, Laxative Kicking In)

I love the list.

That said, at 40, I feel like a curmudgeon. :gerg

I absolutely refuse to text. My fat fingers, and the typically minute buttons take the joy out of it for me. Add the concept of tapping a button four times for the letter I want, only to have accidentally tapped it five times, then having to tap it four more times, is too much for me! And that's just one letter!:laugh No premature carpal tunnel syndrome for me... I'm going to earn mine!:doh

Here's my take: imagine that texting came before voice calls. Think of what an innovation voice calls would have been!!!

Oh, wait, they did have something like that before voice calls. I think they called it the telegraph...:p

I will, however, sit and :type for hours, if I don't watch the clock...

Would it be possible to use Morse code for texting? Two keys, dot and dash, and some apt (softswear) to turn it into letters.

:) Now I did say that I already had a couple of these. Just trying to work my way through the ranks of them so that one day I will be a bald senior and can claim fame and my AARP card. :whistle

Back