• Welcome, Guest! We hope you enjoy the excellent technical knowledge, event information and discussions that the BMW MOA forum provides. Some forum content will be hidden from you if you remain logged out. If you want to view all content, please click the 'Log in' button above and enter your BMW MOA username and password.

If you are not an MOA member, why not take the time to join the club, so you can enjoy posting on the forum, the BMW Owners News magazine, and all of the discounts and benefits the BMW MOA offers?

Hot weather boots

Daedalus214

I used the search function trying to find a thread specific for hot weather boots but found none. There are many boot threads, with some mention of hot (and cold) weather clothing but no thread specific for hot weather boots. If there is one and I missed it, please point it out to me, apply 20 lashes, and I'll slink away properly chastised.....

I will be moving to Phoenix from the Chicago area and have developed arsenal of clothing for the soft Mid West climate. I have a mesh jacket and pants and probably will purchase an evaporative cooling vest and 'nekerchief; just not sure what to do about the boots. Any and all suggestions welcomed (and no, I will not consider sneakers or flip-flops, thanks anyway), let the games begin......

Look at www.sportsmensguide.com at the non-leather steel toed boots. There are several styles that cover your ankle (about 6" high). They are comfortable to walk in and have lugged soles for traction. When traveling over several days I switch boots every day and lash the boots not worn that day to my luggage carrier, bag them if it is likely to rain. Wear good socks and your feet will "thank you".

BMW Air Flows are my "go to' when it's hottest. Nothing Gore Tex!

AirFlow3_Boots_72607718756.jpg

Depends on this too;

Your bike model! A twin BMW will keep your feet hot and a "full leather boot" will help keep the heat at bay, where a mesh boot will make you hotter. Been there, done it in AZ heat. A single or engine that does "not vent" to your feet will be much cooler on the feet, where a mesh boot is better in Summer. My full leather Combats work quite well in Summer heat, behind the Airhead and Hexhead I ride and socks are a most important issue, not boots. Randy:thumb

My bike

So,my bike is an R1100R with no tupperware. Will this make a difference compared to say an RT in the types of boots I should be looking at?

Also, for the first few year I am probably going to restrict my riding to temps under 105 until I get acclimated to this part of the country.

Chippewa Rally Boot

Thanks to all for the input. After additional research decided to go with the Chippewa Rally boot; made in the USA and great reviews. Thanks again.

Heat rises?

At speed heat does not rise! Comes straight at your boot:). Good luck with your new boot. Randy

I buy my boots at Quantico Tactical, lite weight, gortex, vented boots. Proven in the battlefield, no ****, no nonsense and not cheap, but they are great! Love riding my klr in them and when things get narly, I put on my tech 8's.

I believe in boots as proper motorcycle wear...however, I don't use any motorcycle-centric boots, just my normal beatup Arait ropers...in hot weather or cool...I don't blame ya for not wearing tennis shoes or low cut shoes on a bike!

Thanks to all for the input. After additional research decided to go with the Chippewa Rally boot; made in the USA and great reviews. Thanks again.

Great choice, that's my fair weather boot as well. Split side allows decent ventilation. That said, its not great if its raining or cold, that's when the THX's come out...

Back