• Welcome, Guest! We hope you enjoy the excellent technical knowledge, event information and discussions that the BMW MOA forum provides. Some forum content will be hidden from you if you remain logged out. If you want to view all content, please click the 'Log in' button above and enter your BMW MOA username and password.

If you are not an MOA member, why not take the time to join the club, so you can enjoy posting on the forum, the BMW Owners News magazine, and all of the discounts and benefits the BMW MOA offers?

What to eat while in Bloomburg???

Ring baloney. Country Store brand is relatively local to Bloomsburg.
Greetings
Do you mean The Country Store in Pennsdale, PA http://www.countrystoremeats.com/about-us.aspx We like their slab bacon, sliced thick maybe cooked over an open fire. The Pennsdale store is a nice meat market the latest special is 3 Little Pigs (a bacon wrapped pork chop stuffed with sauage).
Some of the The Country Store products can be bought in the Bloomsburg area. The Short Stop Mart in Lightstreet on RT 487 carrier Country Store and some other great deals (whole filet mignon for $7.99 an lb Very nice) Gotta watch their sign.
Tony

Greetings
Do you mean The Country Store in Pennsdale, PA http://www.countrystoremeats.com/about-us.aspx We like their slab bacon, sliced thick maybe cooked over an open fire. The Pennsdale store is a nice meat market the latest special is 3 Little Pigs (a bacon wrapped pork chop stuffed with sauage).
Some of the The Country Store products can be bought in the Bloomsburg area. The Short Stop Mart in Lightstreet on RT 487 carrier Country Store and some other great deals (whole filet mignon for $7.99 an lb Very nice) Gotta watch their sign.
Tony

Yes, that's the place. Many of their products are available through-out PA. Relative to hotdogs, the Hoffman whites from NY are much better.

I always try to get some Shoe fly Pie to bring back home when I am in the area. Always loved it when I was younger but now it seems my sweet tooth is not as sweet depraved and in need of a fix as it used to be..........

Still yearn for it, Who has the best variant of it in the area?

Store bought is store bought, there must be a real good premium pie down there.

That's also vile. And while I'm loath to describe any as "best," you could get home made ones from Amish roadside stands.

Oh God, don't do it........That crap is made for suburbanite tourists and worse than Wonderbread. The Amish are smart business people and those bake goods are made with the lowest possible grade of ingredients. Seriously, the bread has the texture of Wonderbread.

Oh God, don't do it........That crap is made for suburbanite tourists and worse than Wonderbread. The Amish are smart business people and those bake goods are made with the lowest possible grade of ingredients. Seriously, the bread has the texture of Wonderbread.

That may be true for Lancaster County Amish who are completely touristified, but I go to the stands in Cumberland and Perry counties where the Amish are still feral.

That may be true for Lancaster County Amish who are completely touristified, but I go to the stands in Cumberland and Perry counties where the Amish are still feral.

Perry County ................. The land that makes West Virginia look urbane...

Seriously, I live further away from Lancaster than you so my local Amish should be even less commercial (by your logic). In any event, the food isn't good. My ex-pat sister bought some of it last summer during a visit and we dumped it in the trash after the first taste. Seriously, the bread had the same texture as Wonder/Strohman/Holsum bread.

Perry County ................. The land that makes West Virginia look urbane...

Seriously, I live further away from Lancaster than you so my local Amish should be even less commercial (by your logic). In any event, the food isn't good. My ex-pat sister bought some of it last summer during a visit and we dumped it in the trash after the first taste. Seriously, the bread had the same texture as Wonder/Strohman/Holsum bread.

As a native born West Virginian, I resemble that remark. I'll be zooming through Perry County about an hour from now.

There are some nice Amish/Mennonite farm stands--both produce and baked goods--along Rt 75.

As a native born West Virginian, I resemble that remark. I'll be zooming through Perry County about an hour from now.

There are some nice Amish/Mennonite farm stands--both produce and baked goods--along Rt 75.

75 runs thru Franklin and Juniata counties. 74 runs thru Perry Co.

Shoo Fly Pie

[B]I always try to get some Shoe fly Pie to bring back home when I am in the area. Always loved it when I was younger but now it seems my sweet tooth is not as sweet depraved and in need of a fix as it used to be..........

Still yearn for it, Who has the best variant of it in the area?

Store bought is store bought, there must be a real good premium pie down there.
Enfoman[/B]

My sister lived near Harrisburg where there was a lot of Pennsylvania Dutch influence. She asked about the name "Shoo Fly Pie" and was told that when they baked pies and put them in the window to cool that flues would not land on the "Shoo Fly Pie". Apple, berry ar others were not so lucky.
Campbell Tellman II
'93 R100RT
'11 S1000RR
:thumb

Best Steak is.....

..... where in Bloomsburg area? I owe a steak to a fella I know in Virginia and since he will be in Bloomsburg, and likely a tad hungry from such a loooooong ride, I would like to find a place suitable to the task at hand. So, where would that place be? (area around Bloomsburg ok as well). - Bob

..... where in Bloomsburg area? I owe a steak to a fella I know in Virginia and since he will be in Bloomsburg, and likely a tad hungry from such a loooooong ride, I would like to find a place suitable to the task at hand. So, where would that place be? (area around Bloomsburg ok as well). - Bob

About 30 miles, but Orlando's in Muncy is EXCELLENT, some of the best steak I have had, and if they have the blackened pork tenderloin that night, forgo the steak.

BJ's in Selingsgrove is good.

I was thinking of bringing my cook kit and BBQ (in the hack).
I suppose I'll leave the cooking gear at home!
Thanks for all the suggestion...now to decide...

I'm looking for a place to bring 10-20 people, walking distance from the fountain at Market square in Bloomsburg.
I've located La Fontana, Russell's and Kristy's pub, Rose Maries's.
Anyone know these places or could suggest others?

Back