• Welcome, Guest! We hope you enjoy the excellent technical knowledge, event information and discussions that the BMW MOA forum provides. Some forum content will be hidden from you if you remain logged out. If you want to view all content, please click the 'Log in' button above and enter your BMW MOA username and password.

If you are not an MOA member, why not take the time to join the club, so you can enjoy posting on the forum, the BMW Owners News magazine, and all of the discounts and benefits the BMW MOA offers?

• Beginning April 1st, and running through April 30th, there is a new 2024 BMW MOA Election discussion area within The Club section of the forum. Within this forum area is also a sticky post that provides the ground rules for participating in the Election forum area. Also, the candidates statements are provided. Please read before joining the conversation, because the rules are very specific to maintain civility.

The Election forum is here: Election Forum

How to attach Tourmaster Cortech tank bag to R1200GS

M

MasterChiefmas

So the guy I bought my R1200GS from also included the tank bag he had bought for it. It's got these 2 straps that some how attach via a combination of velcro and quick releases. I have absolutely no clue how this thing gets attached to the bike.

Would someone be kind enough to explain it to me?
Thanks!

So the guy I bought my R1200GS from also included the tank bag he had bought for it. It's got these 2 straps that some how attach via a combination of velcro and quick releases. I have absolutely no clue how this thing gets attached to the bike.

Would someone be kind enough to explain it to me?
Thanks!
I did some poking around, and don't know if you have also, but there are a bunch of different bags. http://www.tourmaster.com/xcart/home.php?cat=56 There is a good chance if you can match up your bag it will lead you to a picture or instructions that will help you out. Good luck, Gary

Look at the clips on teh bag and determine if it is three-point or four-point mounting. If you only received two straps and it is a three-point mount setup on the bag (i.e. three fastex buckles connected to the bag) then my guess would be one strap goes up around the steering stem and one strap connects to the back of the bag and runs to an attachment point under the seat. BUT, if you're not positive or fully comfortable with figuring out the miunting on your own then I'd suggest spending some time googling R1200GS tankbags, or tankbags in general, and see if you can find one that matches your bag. The manufacturer or vendor should be able to tell you how best to mount the bag.

You could also look at this: http://www.heldusa.com/slideadapt.html if you're looking for a strapless mount system that could be attached to your existing bag.

Good luck,

GTRider

I didn't think to look for directions on their site. It looks like all the 2 strap versions, which is what I have, attach the same way. I hope I won't be desperate for storage to the point I use that, I don't really care for how that works.

Thanks!

Back