• Welcome, Guest! We hope you enjoy the excellent technical knowledge, event information and discussions that the BMW MOA forum provides. Some forum content will be hidden from you if you remain logged out. If you want to view all content, please click the 'Log in' button above and enter your BMW MOA username and password.

If you are not an MOA member, why not take the time to join the club, so you can enjoy posting on the forum, the BMW Owners News magazine, and all of the discounts and benefits the BMW MOA offers?

• Beginning April 1st, and running through April 30th, there is a new 2024 BMW MOA Election discussion area within The Club section of the forum. Within this forum area is also a sticky post that provides the ground rules for participating in the Election forum area. Also, the candidates statements are provided. Please read before joining the conversation, because the rules are very specific to maintain civility.

The Election forum is here: Election Forum

Frogg Toggs Sizing

akbeemer

SURVIVOR
Looking to buy some Frogg Toggs to wear over a Darien jacket and pants; I have no source to try on for fit. Should I buy one size larger than normal? 2 sizes? or normal size?

Looking to buy some Frogg Toggs to wear over a Darien jacket and pants; I have no source to try on for fit. Should I buy one size larger than normal? 2 sizes? or normal size?

Mine are one size larger than I'd wear in a coat. That gives me a lot of room, but it's not really a problem. Better too large than too small.

I just ordered some frogg toggs and the details said they were somewhat over sized to fit over outerwear. They recommended ordering one size smaller for a more precise fit.

I just ordered some frogg toggs and the details said they were somewhat over sized to fit over outerwear. They recommended ordering one size smaller for a more precise fit.

That is my experiance, I wear a 48-50 jacket and XL fits over my HEAVY leather coat.

frogg toggs

I wear an XL coat and the Frogg togg XL fit easily over the jacket. The Darians are already water resistant/proof. They are Gore-Tex if my memory serves me correctly. I have ridden mine is some heavy downpours and did not get wet.

Last edited:
Frog Toggs over DArien

If you waterproof the outside of your Darien, to keep the water away from the Gore Tex you should n't need Frog Toggsl I rode 620 miles in the rain last week and had no leakage with my Dariens.

I think once you wear the Frogs in the rain you will never waste money on Gortex again.

Order the same size you wear in jacket. They are already oversized to fit over your current size.

For me, the size I would usually wear fits over any of the riding gear I would wear. I got mine at Bass Pro Shops. Maybe one of those stores is in your area, or possibly another outdoor outfitter might carry the line so you would have a chance to actually try before you buy.

Back