• Welcome, Guest! We hope you enjoy the excellent technical knowledge, event information and discussions that the BMW MOA forum provides. Some forum content will be hidden from you if you remain logged out. If you want to view all content, please click the 'Log in' button above and enter your BMW MOA username and password.

If you are not an MOA member, why not take the time to join the club, so you can enjoy posting on the forum, the BMW Owners News magazine, and all of the discounts and benefits the BMW MOA offers?

Oklahoma Weekend

Thanks for a cool, interesting report. As nice as the riding and scenery were, it seems the people were the highlight.

SNC 1923 said:
Thanks for a cool, interesting report. As nice as the riding and scenery were, it seems the people were the highlight.

Agreed. While I really enjoyed the pictures, I think I liked "meeting" the people even more.

"Inner GS..." I like that! :)

Thanks for the report, I really enjoyed the up-close look at Oklahoma. I've only been through there on I-40, and once through the grasslands in the NW corner. The Grasslands definitely were nicer!

Ian

Yeah the people are great! These three I spent the weekend with are wonderful friends and in fact it did come up in Saturday Night's conversation that I was so delightfully surprised at the great benefits that came with the motorcycle when I started riding, the fabulous COMMUNITY it brought me into. Everybody got a little wistful grin when I said that if it weren't for that neglected old K-bike coming into my life four years ago, I would not have been sitting in that room Saturday Night.

Glad you all liked it. The highlight of this weekend's riding I think will be taking the bike down to the car wash- it's still all splattered up!

wind

Great report.
I caught the same winds on sunday travelling on my way to Phoenix, I could not use 6th gear, didn't have enough torque to get over 95 unless I lowered the windscreen.

After I posted Loraz offered to ride in front and cut the wind next time but I have been around him when he is cutting the wind and decided to pass.

dzimbric said:
After I posted Loraz offered to ride in front and cut the wind next time but I have been around him when he is cutting the wind and decided to pass.

Ouch. That's going to leave a mark.

Ok be that way

Hey Dan, I got a new license plate this year so you have something different to read. :burnout

Back