• Welcome Guest! If you are already a member of the BMW MOA, please log in to the forum in the upper right hand corner of this page. Check "Remember Me?" if you wish to stay logged in.

We hope you enjoy the excellent technical knowledge, event information and discussions that the BMWMOA forum provides. Why not take the time to join the club, so you can enjoy posting on the forum, the club magazine, and all of the discounts and benefits the BMWMOA offers?

Want to read the MOA monthly magazine for free? Take a 3-month test ride of the magazine; check here for details.

• NOTE. Some content will be hidden from you. If you want to view all content, you must register for the forum if you are not a member, or if a member, you must be logged in.

BMW Motorcycles of Countryside

Went to the grand opening...

Nice inventory of riding jackets and helmets. Large service department with 9-10 lifts. Pete is still running this end of the business.

Acutely limited inventory of BMW bikes - I'll have to guess that the shipment hasn't arrived.

I expected more - Barrington and Chicago BMW have 4-6x the inventory right now.

We'll have to see how this develops -

Honest feedback.

BMW inventory was shipped late and will arrive NEXT week. Figures doesn't it. :p

Grand opening celebration will be May 13th. Should have lots of BMW bikes and clothes by then.

I was told the grand opening was a bust.My friend told me the was no bikes there,dealer was represented as a large store but it only had few bikes there:scratch.

My friend told me the my garage had more bikes:laugh

Since BMW hasn't seen fit to add to their dealer list yet, anyone got a phone number? Hours of operations?

Thanks.

I stopped by there yesterday (Monday 5/2) and this is going to be a beautiful place when they are done. Got to see Mike Abt again and to meet Carey Caldwell and some of the service people as well. They are getting their shipment of BMW bikes sometime this week but had about 20 other used non BMW bikes for sale.

The phone number on the card that Carl the parts manager gave me is,
708-588-9900. Im not sure of the hours.

Its nice that this dealership is only a 13 minute ride away from home for me.

I stopped by there yesterday (Monday 5/2) and this is going to be a beautiful place when they are done. Got to see Mike Abt again and to meet Carey Caldwell and some of the service people as well. They are getting their shipment of BMW bikes sometime this week but had about 20 other used non BMW bikes for sale.

The phone number on the card that Carl the parts manager gave me is,
708-588-9900. Im not sure of the hours.

Its nice that this dealership is only a 13 minute ride away from home for me.

How about an address or coordinates for GPS purposes?

Too Bad

Chicagoland has a new dealer. Richard Fisher, principal and owner of 7 import car dealerships under the Autobarn flag, will be opening BMW Motorcycles of Countryside on a planned date of April 29. Get ready for a BMW dealership, the likes of which you have most likely not seen before! Location will be the corner of S. LaGrange Road & Joliet Road in Countryside, IL.

They will stock the complete line of BMW apparel with supplements from other soon to be named vendors. Look for Schuberth, Arai, Shoei in helmets and Sidi for boots. Held gloves and a full compliment of Olympia to start. Track days at Autobahn in Joliet, of which Richard is a founding member. Events galore! Service second to none! Aftermarket accessories in stock for the most popular applications. Tires at great prices with a huge in stock selection. Pick up and delivery service for those in need. A test ride program never before seen in the industry! The best coffee in Chicago from Metropolis to stop in and enjoy, while browsing a library of every motorcycle publication, complimented with a growing library of books and DVD's about all facets of motorcycling!

This will be impressive. All from an owner with a detailed past in motorcycling and motorcycle racing, whose passion for the sport is realized in his dream of opening a BMW motorcycle dealership. There will be a vast assortment of pre-owned makes from Ducati, Moto Guzzi, Aprilia, Triumph, MV Augusta and others. This man loves motorcycling as well as being a highly respected SCCA racecar driver. He can bring Road America to it's knees blindfolded! Stay tuned for more announcements of the grand opening, special events and promotions. Richard is an owner who is a rider, as well as all of the employees.

So you ask, how does a self proclaimed lurker from this forum with a low post count, know so much? I am extremely proud to say that I was hired this past Sunday by Richard Fisher to be a part of this team. Some of you already know me from my involvement with the Chicago Region BMW Owners Association. I will be involved in numerous areas of the dealership from sales to merchandising, marketing and event planning. I hope I get to meet many of you who frequent this forum, being able to put a face to the name or avatar. We are open minded to your suggestions to make this dealership a resource for many products in addition to what we already have planned. This will be fun & I am very excited to be a part of what I am confident will be one of the most popular destinations for motorcycling in the midwest. Please PM me with your thoughts if you like. I will be very tuned in to following this forum and the many great contributors that take the time to post. See ya at Countryside!

Carey Caldwell
847-571-0424

After such an auspicious introductory post about a new dealer the likes of which we have never seen, you really owed this forum, and BMW of Countryside, a follow up post to explain the delays.

Address

I don't have the address but it is located on the northwest corner of Joliet and La Grange Road in Countryside.

I agree, with the big buildup it was disappointing that the dealership didn't have any inventory. Now, I know that the delivery was late. It would have been good to keep the forum posted on developments

Mary
2007 R1200RT

6150 S LaGrange Rd
Countryside IL,60525
708-588-9900

Northwest corner of LaGrange Rd/Joliet St
directly on the corner.

Last edited:
Easy Explanation

After such an auspicious introductory post about a new dealer the likes of which we have never seen, you really owed this forum, and BMW of Countryside, a follow up post to explain the delays.

The delay can be explained very simply in that BMW NA did not feel our remodeling would be done in time and delayed opening our dealer number in the system. Thus no bikes, parts accessories or apparel arrived in time. The building was done except for the granite on the coffee bar and weather delays pushed back the blacktop repairs for a parking area. Thanks to the following vendors who knew we would be ready and had their product there on time: Schuberth, Sidi, Olympia, Held, Scorpion, Shoei, ZTechnik, Spy and the reps who showed up to demontrate their lines: David Kane, Ralph Foster and Rob Skipinski. The reps were a huge part of us having a phenominal "soft opening". Parts, apparel, accesories arrived today and bikes start arriving tommorrow. Come back in a week and see if we are not the likes of which you have never seen. The true GRAND OPENING is June 25 to coincide with the BMW demo truck at the dealership. Arrive early as it will be another full house with even more vendors, promotions and food/beverages.

Thanks

Thanks Carey, that should settle a lot of the idle speculation that was appearing.

I look forward to visiting the new shop.

Thanks for the update, Carey. Really looking forward to having a new dealership in the area! From what I'm reading it'll be well worth the wait.

Cheers,

Mike

Stop In This Friday!

To celebrate the arrival of the new K1600GTL and 50 other bikes, plus parts & BMW apparel, please stop by from 7-10 this Friday and have a cold refreshment courtesy of owner Richard Fisher. Just a way to say thanks for the interest in this new venture and sort of make up for the soft opening on April 29. And, do not miss the BMW demo fleet at the dealership on June 25. This is the true grand opening and it will be something special. Hope to see you there!

New customer for BMW of Countryside

As a new member of the BMW family I felt compelled to write of my experience at the dealership. I've been a Gold Wing Rider for over 20 years and have wanted a BMW for many years. However, I've been less than pleased with the dealers in my area, so I stayed loyal to Honda.

I was out of town for the soft grand opening, however, I read the posts of the new dealership and saw they were getting in new motorcycles and chose to go in. After Meeting the General Manager Cary Caldwell, and owner Richard Fisher I'm proud to say I put a deposit down on a 2011 R1200 Adventure.

I told both men that I was looking for a dealer, not just a motorcycle. After listening to their philosophy of their business plan, I believe they gained me as a customer.
Yes, they are still working on the dealership, and have a great attention to detail and it's still work in progress. However the dealership is like no other I've seen short of BMW's Flagship in Munich Germany.

They have a great deal of accessories, clothing, and parts that most dealers in the area haven't had in stock anytime I've visited the dealerships. Once fully operational (very shortly) I have confidence they'll gain many new customers for all over the midwest.
I live almost 100 miles away and I made the trek to see what they had to offer. I truly look forward to seeing their future commitment to motorcycling.

^^ Welcome New Member... and what a "testimonial"! Congrats on your new purchase and hopefully new, great relationship with a long lived dealer.

Unfortunately our local dealer went belly-up a couple years ago.

Nice review -

With Cary as General Manager, Countryside will be a success.

I look forward to riding back out and seeing the operation actually under way.

Chicago finally has a BMW Motorcycle dealership that can compete with other Metro areas.:whistle

Back