• Welcome, Guest! We hope you enjoy the excellent technical knowledge, event information and discussions that the BMW MOA forum provides. Some forum content will be hidden from you if you remain logged out. If you want to view all content, please click the 'Log in' button above and enter your BMW MOA username and password.

If you are not an MOA member, why not take the time to join the club, so you can enjoy posting on the forum, the BMW Owners News magazine, and all of the discounts and benefits the BMW MOA offers?

BMW Motorcycles of Countryside

Went to visit Countryside Friday afternoon and Cary gave me the tour. Very impressive. Huge facility and will be well stocked. Big service area, lots of used as well as new bikes. They are going to really do well!
I met Carl in the parts dept as well and will be a regular customer from now on!
It is a little distance from me but worth the trip!
Again, thanx Cary and Carl for the hospitality (and for finding a filter for my little red R1150r).;)
Oh yeah. Cary mentioned they will have a trailer at the national!

Made the trip today from South Bend. Nice facility, great inventory of bikes and gear. Told me more gear yet to show up so I don't know where they will hold it all! Nice place to wait while in for service. If they treat people the way we were treated today they will do well.

Many Thanks

So many kind words that are greatly appreciated! The vision of the owner Richard Fisher is becoming a strong reality and he has let us do the work and not micro managed us, but at the same time, directed us in the ways that have proven successful in his nine car dealerships.

Please let me correct the few that have thought I am the general manager. Mike Abt, known across the country as quite possibly the most experienced and respected BMW salesperson, is the General Manager of BMW Motorcycles of Countryside. I am the sales manager selling new and used bikes as well as the buyer/merchandiser for apparel and accessories. I have known Mike since our teens when we rode dirt bikes all over Bannockburn and went to Deerfield High School together. I am honored to work for Mike and I have learned alot about the bike business from him. He is an extremely tough act to follow and combined with my sales, marketing and merchandising background, we will grow this dealership and exceed the expectations you all have of it.

It is more hard work than I imagined, but it is very fulfilling and I am having a great time meeting so many of you and other riders. We are off to a fanastic start and please stop in to see the constant changes we will be making. The coffee bar is complete, so ride on over and visit with a fresh cup of the great Metropolis coffee, roasted right here in the great city of Chicago. Follow us on Facebook and be on the lookout for our trackday event this fall at The Autobohn Raceway, with a featured instructor you will not want to miss.

Picked up a part that I ordered from Countryside BMW yesterday. I was met by sales manager Carey Caldwell and he gave me a top-to-bottom tour of the facility....thanks, dude! :wave Very impressive, and first class all the way! They really seem to be working at making this a customer-centered operation. Their waiting room was well stocked with bike books, magazines, movies...and coffee.

A large array of quality riding gear and apparel from BMW, Olympia, Sidi, etc.
Their stock of bikes is extensive...except for the new K1600s....orders seem to be exceeding production. They had one....hope they remove my drool stains! :p

The maintenance facility was top-notch and already in full gear.
Looking forward to their grand opening (the real one) on June 25th.
Although I enjoy doing some of my own wrenching, it's great to know that there's a bonafide BMW dealer close to home! :dance

Thanks Mike!

It was nice meeting with you and we are glad you were impressed with our operation. We will continue to fine tune it alot of things, but the core is in place for this to be a model of inspiration for other motorcycle dealers. We look forward to seeing you often. Thanks again for taking the time to visit us.

It's nice to have a great place to go and get the part that you need to get back on the road! Thanks to all the staff at BMW of Countryside.

Paid A Visit

Stopped in at Countryside on June 6th for a brief visit, before heading off to the Brookfield Zoo.

As a former car delaership facility, it's quite expansive, and features a huge lounge for customer waiting. Lots of reading material provided, and various coffees. Needs a soda machine though, as the one they have is 'buried' in a more remote part of the building. Said to be working on this issue.

Many new models on display, and an impressive, well-stocked parts/repair department.

A good selection of helmets, though the clothing lines could be expanded a bit beyond BMW and Olympia. They also need more accessories and after-market items (lights, trunks, raingear, tank bags, etc.) on display in the showroom.

Located at a very busy intersection of greater Chicago, so be aware of that. Parking is most convinient on the east side of the building, so plan your final approach accordingly.

Staff was friendly and not high pressure at all. They spoke to me of plans to offer loaner bikes and even loaner cars while your BMW is in for same day service. That may prove an inviting option for this metropolitan/business-orientated area.

All in all, a nicely developing dealership in terms of hardware and support facilities. Time will tell if deals and their repairs reputation are as top notch, but I hope this dealership flourishes, as a support facility for BMW motorcycles is sorely needed in this region, and the people at Countryside seem genuine in wanting your business and earning your trust.

Best of Luck! :thumb

The real deal

The date has finally come.
Tomorrow, Saturday June 25th is the REAL Grand Opening.

I'm going to take a run down there and say hello.
Looks like the weather is going to be great.

I got an email (how'd they do that?) and they mentioned something about a BBQ lunch? And the BMW demo truck is supposed to be on hand.

Maybe I'll see you there.

I visit countryside bmw but they did not let me ride anything,:nono.I wonder why?
Nice dealership,lots of room inside.
Did some gear shopping but did not find right color and size,o well, maybe next time.

Hey . . . . or boo!

Just was curious, the BMW scooter (the C not the E) rumored to be produced and available in 2012. Any truth?

Casey if you are there I might be interested but let me know as I would give you guys down there first shot.

Thanks!

Hey . . . . or boo!

Just was curious, the BMW scooter (the C not the E) rumored to be produced and available in 2012. Any truth?

Casey if you are there I might be interested but let me know as I would give you guys down there first shot.

Thanks!

I was in my WI dealership (Nicks) yesterday to have tires mounted, new air filter and FD grease, etc. done to my R1200RT before soon-to-be hibernation.

Discussing many subjects with the owner (Jim), scooters came up. They are planing on offering them in Spring, and even have clothing and accessory lines associated with them.

BMW already has more than 100 in production and more to come, according to the dealer.

Will take a curious peek at them after winter (or at an IMS in Chicago, if BMW puts on their 'Big Boy Pants' and actually shows up at more than a handful). :german

Hey Kevin, thanks!
They are shipping to US as well?
Oooh!

BTW, here's a vintage Sheboygan pic for you. (1890)
No poke, just thought you might get a kick out of it.

Attachments

• Sheboygan.jpg
    Sheboygan.jpg
    56.2 KB · Views: 124
BMW Concept C Scooter

It will be available in late summer/early fall 2012. The recent dealer meeting in Dallas had some talk of it, but no firm dates. Great studio shots of it have been all over the internet and this will do very well. We already have two spoken for, sight and price, unseen. As with the K1600, Europe will most likely get first shot at distribution. As soon as more is known, we will be posting here.

TWO pre-orders already. WOW.
While I am interested I have to see/touch possibly ride and definitely see some numbers before I pull the trigger.

Thanks!

I bought my bike on a consignment sale from the Polaris Victory dealership in Naperville, even though I live about 50 miles north of Grand Rapids, Michigan. So I drove 250 miles to buy it. The guys I worked with there had been working for another BMW dealership in that area, but it went belly up. They still got a lot of Beemer owners bringing their bikes to them for service at their new jobs, as there really wasn't much else in the area to choose from. The BMW owners also knew these guys had plenty of experience, and trusted them to do the work. These guys were talking at the time about getting the BMW franchise for the Victory dealership, but the deal must have fell through. So it's good to hear that something did happen in that general area, and it will be a big plus for all Beemer owners who live there.

I'm going to have to plan a road trip over there next summer to see how it looks.

I want to offer my thanks and kudos to BMW Motorcycles of Countryside and share my recent experience with them. I needed a piece of bodywork for my ÔÇÖ95 RSL. Having purchased several NOS parts from Countryside through ebay I thought they might have this unusual part as well. I emailed them (as well as a couple other dealers) and they responded in less than 12 hours. While they didnÔÇÖt have the part, Javier offered to order it for me, gave an immediate 15% discount for being a return customer and ordered the part with no deposit. He said he would contact me when the part arrived the following Friday. I was skeptical but sure enough, he contacted me on the promised day that the part had arrived. I called with my credit card information and he promised to ship it on Friday. I received it on Saturday. While itÔÇÖs sad that good service is rare rather than the norm, Countryside clearly understands customer service and has definitley earned my business.

Aaron

I had nothing but good experience with BMW of Countryside so far,Sales staff is great,Only had my bike work on once under warranty,run into small issue but it was corrected right away by service manager Peter.To bad the dealer is 60 miles away.
Other people may have different opinion but they did right by me.
There is allot of hate between two in Chicago area,my advice is to everyone that you need to give a try before you judge someone.

Martin

IMS Show

Great seeing so many of our customers at the show this past weekend. Thanks for stopping by and we look forward to seeing you at this weekends Open House!

Back