• Welcome, Guest! We hope you enjoy the excellent technical knowledge, event information and discussions that the BMW MOA forum provides. Some forum content will be hidden from you if you remain logged out. If you want to view all content, please click the 'Log in' button above and enter your BMW MOA username and password.

If you are not an MOA member, why not take the time to join the club, so you can enjoy posting on the forum, the BMW Owners News magazine, and all of the discounts and benefits the BMW MOA offers?

Has BMW contacted you?

Furman

Manic Mechanic
Placed an order for a K1600GTL on Jan. 28 and the only contact I had so far is an Email from Laurence Kuykendall with links to road tests ad reviews. The dealer made a copy of my DL took down my phone numbers and Email address. I thought they would call to confirm who I was, nothing so far. Not even the T-shirt they promised. I hope to have delivery before July,so i can take it to the BMW rally in Pa.

So has anyone else heard anything?

You've probably seen the new K1600 forum which reports that numerous "early depositors" have been phoned by Jane from BMW to confirm their order. I left my pre-order deposit on Jan. 3 and have heard nothing from BMW - although the dealer says I'm definitely on the list. My dealer also explained to me that some dealerships are so highly regarded by BMW that their orders don't require the individual confirmation phone calls. That strikes me as unlikely but anyway, no, I've heard nothing.

I was called by Jane to see if I want the regular or lower seat for the GT. I don't know if that's because I'm a woman and therefore presumably shorter or she called everyone who ordered a GT or called everyone who ordererd one before a certain date. She said that she had a bunch of calls to make and had to have the results by the the following Tuesday. (She called on a Friday afternoon.) I have received the emails about road tests but no T-shirt yet.

I had heard that they were overwhelmed by the response. Perhaps they are scrambling to catch up.

No word yet on what month the bikes will show up, although Jane said they hoped the first ones would be here in May.

- Kate

My dealer indicated that they have ~1000 pre-orders -- sounds overwhelmed to me! Give Jane some time to get through the pile :)

I received a call from Jane, but I believe that was due to the fact that I'm way up there on the list -- top 20-ish.

I received a call from Jane, but I believe that was due to the fact that I'm way up there on the list -- top 20-ish.

How do you know where you are in the queue? I gave my deposit to my dealer on July 6th, but I had the impression everything was shuffled when the PreSale Order Program started. (No, I didn't think to ask Jane where I was in the queue. :()

- Kate

How do you know where you are in the queue? I gave my deposit to my dealer on July 6th, but I had the impression everything was shuffled when the PreSale Order Program started. (No, I didn't think to ask Jane where I was in the queue. :()

- Kate
I also gave my dealer my deposit in July 2010, but you are right that that was meaningless as far as the BMWNA pre-order program is concerned -- it just put me at #2 at my dealer :).

I do not officially know where I stand in the preorder queue -- all I know is that Jane was not at liberty to confirm on BMW's behalf that I was in the top 20 ;) :D

My email from them said that it could take until May before I heard from them. I placed my deposit in early Feb, and haven't heard anything yet except for the occasional general email.

Talked to Jane

Ordered a GTL thru St. Louis Gateway BMW a few days before the dead line - I got a call from Jane today
confirming my order. She really wanted to talk and answer any questions I may have had of which I had few
and she asked me two questions:

1. Short Seat or Tall Seat?
2. What kind of bike do I ride?

Would not confirm delivery and only told me I was down the list and the list is about 1200 people long.
She also volunteered the following information - lots of people switching brands:

1. Lots of Gold Wing Riders
2. Even more Harley Riders
3. A few rice burner / go fast types

I ordered last day and still no call.

I have heard that a large flurry of orders came in the last weekend.

It will be interesting. but, for a guy that considers instant gratification not soon enough, the wait will be murder.....

Talked to Jane last week. I sent her an Email and then she called. Asked about seat height, and what type of bike I was riding now. No delivery date though.

call and package

Hi, I got a call from Jane last week, I got the "package" in the mail today, woohoo a full color brochure for the blue gtl.. I wonder if that is because i ordered a blue gtl? or just because i ordered a gtl.

Anyhow, I would expect mine sometime in December, since I live in michigan.:bikes

FWIW she never asked me what kind of bike I was riding.

Ordered a GT the last day of the offering.

Got the brochure and several e mails so far.

No call yet. I'm sure I'm about dead last on the list so it'll be a while......

It'll probably show up after the snow falls again next fall. Well, it's supposed to snow 3-5" here again tonight.

I gotta move further south!!!:bottle

Got a demo ride. Was happy with my choose. The dealer said that on You tube there was a site where you can find your order number (what position you are in the order line) I can't find it. Does anyone know about this?

I don't know about a site to find the order, but my dealer said I should receive a letter from BMW in the next week or two that will tell me where I am in the queue.

- Kate

I ordered my GT on Feb. 24th and got my confirming call today (Sunday) from Jane. I had thought, with all the advanced launch activities going on now, that BMW had discontinued these calls. Not so! And Jane confirmed that a snail-mail letter is going out soon with an "approximate" delivery date for each pre-order.

Back