• Welcome, Guest! We hope you enjoy the excellent technical knowledge, event information and discussions that the BMW MOA forum provides. Some forum content will be hidden from you if you remain logged out. If you want to view all content, please click the 'Log in' button above and enter your BMW MOA username and password.

If you are not an MOA member, why not take the time to join the club, so you can enjoy posting on the forum, the BMW Owners News magazine, and all of the discounts and benefits the BMW MOA offers?

Complete Restoration of BMW R75/5 into Cafe Racer

Hey, if it's in Roseville I can drop over there, pick it up, and ride on up to ND for you, no charge. what a long wait for you, have fun when it arrives. It was a beautiful 59 degrees this morning with a high of 69 today. So much for global warming, gittin out the snow shovel.

Bike Arrive July 31st, 2013

The bike arrived yesterday. Josh put some pink and purple streamers on the handlebars and the truck driver said everyone was wondering if the bike was a girls bike, but he said "it does not look like a girls bike", or maybe he was delivering it to the late Liberace? Very funny prank. Took the bike for a long ride with my brother and his Harley. Going to get it licensed and registered today. Now the fun begins, the process is over but the enjoyment is just beginning. Thanks to everyone for supporting my restoration over this past 30 months.

Sincerely,
Shane

Attachments

• 07-31-13_12.JPG
    07-31-13_12.JPG
    52.7 KB · Views: 158
  • 07-31-13_4.JPG
    07-31-13_4.JPG
    134.4 KB · Views: 158
  • 08-01-13.png
    08-01-13.png
    65.3 KB · Views: 159
Car Meets BMW Sister Bike for First Time

Finally got them together, nearly 6 years in the making. Thanks everyone.

Attachments

• 08-01-13_5.JPG
    08-01-13_5.JPG
    120.1 KB · Views: 138
  • 08-01-13_1.JPG
    08-01-13_1.JPG
    110.2 KB · Views: 139
  • 08-01-13_3.JPG
    08-01-13_3.JPG
    48.4 KB · Views: 139
A separate P-car garage! :thumb

Hope the paint matches! Enjoy it on the weekend; I see Josh left the plate on.

Abby

My daughter found the Cafe Racer in the garage, I snapped a picture and did some photo editing with the colors and added the hat which she was not wearing, image was so popular on Facebook that Airheads BMW Motorcycle Drivers made the image their top banner for the past couple of days.

Attachments

• 972089_10151834839252533_218611265_n.jpg
    972089_10151834839252533_218611265_n.jpg
    47.1 KB · Views: 98
So, Shane, you're having so much fun that you've quit putting up pictures. :( We need to see the bike in scenic North Dakota locations. :thumb

What's Josh's next project, Shane?

Hey there RINTY,

I just got a 1966 R60/2 which i know very little about. It runs smoother then any BMW I've ridden. Yet it is the slowest and heaviest! haha.
I am probably going to leave it alone aside from cosmetic upgrades.

I also have a R90/6 that i have completely torn apart. I am going to modernize the suspension and braking a bit but style it as classic as I can. I got lots of ideas kicking around in my head and some replacement parts are on the way....

I have also been contacted by a guy in Boston who wants me to build him a bobber style BMW but I'm not sure how serious he is. We'll see...

Once my projects take momentum, I'll try to start a build thread on this site like Shane did.

Oh, and BTW, I can't tell you guys how much I miss riding Shane's bike. That thing is the tightest BMW I've ever ridden. Zippy off the line too. All due to the rebuilt driveshaft, tranny, final drive, siebenrock power kit, lightened flywheel, etc...
I have cravings to ride that bike again... Maybe someday in the far off future.

-Josh

Have fun! :thumb

The /2's smoothness may be due to it having less reciprocating mass than the 900s and 1000s you've been working on.

6 Minute Petrolicious Video on my BMW

I am so very excited to share a 6 minute behind the scenes video of Josh Withers and my bike as they are featured by Petrolicious.com.

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=HcAVp3299Cw

That is it, the process is officially complete, but the years of enjoyment are just beginning. Josh is the man in my book.

Thanks for following along,
Shane

Back