• Welcome, Guest! We hope you enjoy the excellent technical knowledge, event information and discussions that the BMW MOA forum provides. Some forum content will be hidden from you if you remain logged out. If you want to view all content, please click the 'Log in' button above and enter your BMW MOA username and password.

If you are not an MOA member, why not take the time to join the club, so you can enjoy posting on the forum, the BMW Owners News magazine, and all of the discounts and benefits the BMW MOA offers?

Complete Restoration of BMW R75/5 into Cafe Racer

He did say "no offense". I subscribe the the Vintagent blog and it is really about some old school bikes and cars...really some classy stuff...and historic. I kind of wonder as well about the placement, but if Paul wants to do it, I guess that's Paul's prerogative. He's the one with the discerning any and a sense of history. I will still subscribe to the blog.

What is your issue? Paul and I are friends and he has promised me if I get a picture of the car and the bike together, he is going to do a story. How childish is it to offend someone and make a statement that is rude and then so - no offense, I guess that is how your parents raised you, no offense.

Do us all a favor and build your own bike and make comments in your own thread, stay out of mine.

Shane

I really did mean no offense. I don't know anything about you personally and the internet is good of removing tone from statements. My parents did raise me to keep my mouth shut if I don't have something nice to say, and since you're offended I guess I failed them.

Josh built you an exceptional /5 resto mod, in fact it's better than would have rolled out of the showroom, however it's no Georg Meier R4, or TT winning RS54 sidecar outfit. The latter stuff usually featured on the Vintagent are rare, exceptional, historic machines out of reach of the general populus. If it's going to become something like Bike EXIF, with nice restorations with over the counter mods, then I will unsubscribe, sorry if that offends you but that's how it is, there are plenty of other bike sites that feature that kind of stuff. Which does not mean you (and especially Josh) shouldn't be proud of your own bike.

Since you don't know anything about me, but suggest I build a thread to make comments, allow me to retort. I've built two bikes on my own, one a cafe BMW R90/6 and the other an Aermacchi that I just finished last week. Unfortunately I didn't make threads for these because I'm fairly private and modest (another lesson from my parents), however the 300 or so posts you can see attached to my name were posts on here asking questions about the bike or helping someone else with their bike. I love the MOA for this forum resource, guys like Kurt (20774) listened to my stupid questions, helped me out, and now I can pass on that knowledge. Since joining the MOA I've rebuilt a final drive, did the common rear main seal and transmission input seal replacement, replaced the clutch, fixed electrical issues (rotor), installed SJ triple clamp, clip-ons, re-aligned forks, and pretty much everything else on my bike (I know I'm forgetting stuff). If something happens on the side of the road I can fix mostly everything on the bike, and since you're throwing barbs, I hope you've learned something in your 700 some posts instead of just saying have a great weekend or see what Josh did to my bike on his Beemers and Bits site.

I think you'll find BMW owners are exceptionally good wrenches with their machines, and also friendlier than most. Even after everything I just said, I'd still give you a spare generator rotor if yours failed on the side of the road. I'd say I've done more "favors" to everyone else on this site than tooting my own horn. Airhead knowledge is going to disappear someday if people don't continue to learn and share their knowledge and that's what I'm trying to do, I'm the only one that attempted to answer Kurt's question about the bar ends at the very least.

Enjoy your ride, maybe I'll meet you on the road someday and like I said, I'm still an MOA member and would help you with anything you need.

EDIT - P.S. I forgot that I do have a blog that document some of aspects of my build(s). It's more of a journal so I can keep track of dates and look back on progress, I don't really publicize it other than it's in my signature. feel free to make as many comments as you want, I love constructive criticism

The Garage will have one less Airhead

Josh's garage will have one less airhead coming up on July 17th, I know he will be saddened.

Thanks,
Shane

Attachments

• 06-24-13.jpg
    06-24-13.jpg
    114 KB · Views: 274
Ramp Magazine

I just received confirmation that Ramp Magazine, a German Publication, is going to do a follow-up story on my Porsche and include details about the BMW on their website in the coming week, www.ramp-magazin.de, when I get the final link, I will surely share. This magazine had done an article about my commissioned Bob Dylan Desolation Row Painting, then did the car, and heard about the bike and wants to feature it, they do not make magazines like this anymore, it is more like a coffee table book.

Thanks,
Shane

Final Rides

Josh is making his final rides with the bike before it it shipped back to me next week. This is at his work and look what he parked next to!

Attachments

• 07-08-13_1 Last time Josh Takes Bike to Work.jpg
    07-08-13_1 Last time Josh Takes Bike to Work.jpg
    72.3 KB · Views: 180
Video Shoot

Josh has 3 more days with the bike, there was a video group that wanted to shoot some video,

Thanks,
Shane

Attachments

• 07-14-13_1 Video Shoot.jpg
    07-14-13_1 Video Shoot.jpg
    107 KB · Views: 132
  • 07-14-13_2.jpg
    07-14-13_2.jpg
    105 KB · Views: 133
  • 07-14-13_3.jpg
    07-14-13_3.jpg
    88.5 KB · Views: 133
Thanks

That sure has turned out to be a beautiful bike Shane!
I'll bet it rides as good as it looks too!~
Ken

Thanks Ken, I could not be happier. Josh just did a 5:00am video shoot with the people from www.petrolicious.com and we should have a formal video from them at some point. Josh talked with the truck driver, they will be there sometime tomorrow to pickup the bike and transport it back to its final home, we are very excited.

Thanks,
Shane

Bike in Transit to its final HOME!

Here she comes!

Attachments

• 07-17-13_1 Bike Leaving Josh.jpg
    07-17-13_1 Bike Leaving Josh.jpg
    57.2 KB · Views: 91
  • 07-17-13_2.jpg
    07-17-13_2.jpg
    70.6 KB · Views: 90
  • 07-17-13_3.jpg
    07-17-13_3.jpg
    125.6 KB · Views: 90
What's the drill for getting it titled in North Dakota?

I'd like to see the look on the guy's face when you roll it into the safety inspection facility. :D

Titled

What's the drill for getting it titled in North Dakota?

I'd like to see the look on the guy's face when you roll it into the safety inspection facility. :D

How are you? It should be easier than doing the Porsche a couple of years ago because that vehicle did not have a title and was not on the road for nearly 25 years. I have a bill of sale for the bike from Josh and also he has signed the title and it is presently registered in California so it should be easy to get it moved over to me here in Bismarck. With the Porsche I had to prove ownership which was more difficult. It is no different than if I just bought a bike on eBay from Josh. Wish me luck, cannot wait to see it again.

Thanks,
Shane

Petrolicious Shoot

The final day Josh had the bike he was with Petrolicious.com and finishing up the video they are doing about Josh and the bike, cannot wait to see how it turns out.

Thanks,
Shane

Attachments

• 7-14-13 Petrolicious Shoot.jpg
    7-14-13 Petrolicious Shoot.jpg
    72.9 KB · Views: 226
Closer

Shipment tracking #* Contract numberTO862700Ship fromCULVER CY, CA 90230Ship toBISMARCK, ND 58504Actual Pickup Date07/17 14:00Provisional Delivery DateBy 08/02Shipment statusShipment is enrouteLast location updateROSEVILLE, MN

Bike is in Roseville, Minnesota, it hung out for a couple of days in Illinois.

Back