• Welcome Guest! If you are already a member of the BMW MOA, please log in to the forum in the upper right hand corner of this page. Check "Remember Me?" if you wish to stay logged in.

We hope you enjoy the excellent technical knowledge, event information and discussions that the BMWMOA forum provides. Why not take the time to join the club, so you can enjoy posting on the forum, the club magazine, and all of the discounts and benefits the BMWMOA offers?

Want to read the MOA monthly magazine for free? Take a 3-month test ride of the magazine; check here for details.

• NOTE. Some content will be hidden from you. If you want to view all content, you must register for the forum if you are not a member, or if a member, you must be logged in.

Complete Restoration of BMW R75/5 into Cafe Racer

Jugs

Check out these bad boys post polishing and vapor blasting! Now that is a set of jugs any guy would be happy to have between his legs, am I right?:brad

Thanks,
Shane

Attachments

• 06-08-12_1 Jugs.jpg
    06-08-12_1 Jugs.jpg
    76.4 KB · Views: 292
Clear Coated

WOW!!!!! Love those jugs!

These jugs have also been clear coated so they stay like this as long as possible. Nothing like a set of new polished, vapor blasted and clear coated jugs to start the weekend off right. Take care guys, more updates as I get them.

Thanks,
Shane

Look Familiar

Had to share my photograph of my Porsche jugs, I think it is amazing how the two German boxer engines are so similar. So you guys are getting to see two pairs of jugs for the price of one.

Thanks,
Shane

Attachments

• 12-09-10_4 Cylinders.jpg
    12-09-10_4 Cylinders.jpg
    77.4 KB · Views: 285
When you're all done, you can find a place in the garage for the cafe, right next to your 356, then go out there with your favourite beverage, grab a stool, and just look at them.

Thanks

When you're all done, you can find a place in the garage for the cafe, right next to your 356, then go out there with your favourite beverage, grab a stool, and just look at them.

My wife actually thought I was going to sleep in the garage the first night the Porsche arrived to North Dakota. Thanks for all your support over both of these build, you are the best,

Thanks,
Shane

Mocking Up

Josh is going to start mocking the bike back up before paint to make sure everything is in order, I will share photographs as we progress.

Have a great afternoon every,
Sincerely,
Shane

Update for Josh

Looks like we are going to get some lacing of the wheels this weekend, can't wait to see those pictures.

Thanks,
Shane

Not Always about the Build

Some weeks back I had reported that Josh was on his honeymoon in Europe and he has done a very great write-up about the trip and it should make everyone at MOA proud, the link below shares his journey and checkout his choice of transportation.

http://beemersandbits.com/2012/06/1...paign=Feed:+BeemersAndBits+(Beemers+and+Bits)

I love it when this thread goes off course sometimes and celebrates other interests by other people, it cannot always be about the build, I have said it before and I am going to say it again "It is more about the people than the metal, leather and rubber". Have a great day, for 5 minutes I was transported to Europe with Josh and his wife.

Thanks,
Shane

My wife and I have a trip planned for Ireland next year. She wants to do it by car, me by bike. This will help her see my way is best. :)

How are you?

How's the practise riding going Shane? Got yourself a temporary pounder yet? :)

To tell you the truth, this spring with my business has been crazy and I have not had time to do anything, have not even played a round of golf yet this summer, very sad, I have not even had time to think about it, I will get to it, it does not appear the bike will be done until next spring, I am going to try and take that safety class with my brother this summer if I can just find the time.

Hope you had a great Father's Day.

Sincerely,
Shane

OK , now sonny you listen up here !

The first thing you do is get rid of those stupid sticks. :dunno
Best thing i did after retirement !
( they bring no satisfaction to your life and cost a fortune to keep in tune with the other ball chasers) A terrible waste of a good day that could have been spent riding, chasing a little ball around in the country side.:dunno:dunno

Get yourself enrolled in a basic rider course at the local MSF or Community College that offers rider training . With all you have put in to this adventure , you need to at least give the experience a chance.
Quit making excuses and get a leg over :thumb:dance

Time

No such thing as spare time. Nor is it ever found. You have to make it. Now get a practice bike and thrash it.

Thanks

OK , now sonny you listen up here !

The first thing you do is get rid of those stupid sticks. :dunno
Best thing i did after retirement !
( they bring no satisfaction to your life and cost a fortune to keep in tune with the other ball chasers) A terrible waste of a good day that could have been spent riding, chasing a little ball around in the country side.:dunno:dunno

Get yourself enrolled in a basic rider course at the local MSF or Community College that offers rider training . With all you have put in to this adventure , you need to at least give the experience a chance.
Quit making excuses and get a leg over :thumb:dance

Thanks for all the words of advice, brought a smile to my face. This is where I will be going, they have a training course just a couple of miles from my shop:

http://www.abatend.com/education.aspx

Thanks,
Shane

Back