• Welcome Guest! If you are already a member of the BMW MOA, please log in to the forum in the upper right hand corner of this page. Check "Remember Me?" if you wish to stay logged in.

We hope you enjoy the excellent technical knowledge, event information and discussions that the BMWMOA forum provides. Why not take the time to join the club, so you can enjoy posting on the forum, the club magazine, and all of the discounts and benefits the BMWMOA offers?

Want to read the MOA monthly magazine for free? Take a 3-month test ride of the magazine; check here for details.

• NOTE. Some content will be hidden from you. If you want to view all content, you must register for the forum if you are not a member, or if a member, you must be logged in.

Complete Restoration of BMW R75/5 into Cafe Racer

Agreed

Total mis-read Shane. No worries about motorcycles at all mate; reoccurring cancer would be a worry.

I LIKE unusual treatment of surfaces ... something different is the spice of life! And it's always fun to see something unexpected. Like painted toaster panels for example.

Completely agreed, thanks for following,
Shane

Polished

I suppose it depends on what you think is unusual, thinking outside the box and using a different process to make the bike unique sounds like a good gamble to me. Not worried one bit to tell you the truth. :)

Thanks,
Shane

I forgot to mention that Josh was going to have a set of controls also Polished so we could decide if we like the liquid or just goe with the polished look.

Thanks,
Shane

Talked Helmets Now Lets Talk Jackets

Now that I have my helmet I was thinking about jackets and this caught my eye,

http://www.lewisleathers.com/productinfo.html?code=jak-68

I am going to ask if they can do one solid stripe down each arm. Very historic jackets and the fact that John Lennon wore one and so did Sid Vicious, pretty good company.

Any thoughts?

Thanks,
Shane

Attachments

• jak-68_2.jpg
    jak-68_2.jpg
    123.2 KB · Views: 192
Now that I have my helmet I was thinking about jackets and this caught my eye,

http://www.lewisleathers.com/productinfo.html?code=jak-68

I am going to ask if they can do one solid stripe down each arm. Very historic jackets and the fact that John Lennon wore one and so did Sid Vicious, pretty good company.

Any thoughts?

Thanks,
Shane

Assuming you don't have a Vintage Buco J-100, this looks like it would do well!

No Love for a LangLitz Cascade?

Painting Hubs and Engine

Josh started doing some painting on other areas of the bike, stopped 1/2 way so the difference could be seen. He says they turned out very nice and they look it.

Thanks,
Shane

Attachments

• _1010466.jpg
    _1010466.jpg
    53.6 KB · Views: 141
Shane,
Like your jacket choice, I too am building a cafe bike, Honda cb450 to go with my 1209gs.
Another choice for jackets is Bates Leather in Lakewood ca, my order goes in soon

Nice

Shane,
Like your jacket choice, I too am building a cafe bike, Honda cb450 to go with my 1209gs.
Another choice for jackets is Bates Leather in Lakewood ca, my order goes in soon

Never heard of Bates Leather before, checked them out, their jacket called The Traditional is pretty spectacular. Would love to see some photos of you Cafe Bike if you get a chance, shane@balkowitsch.com is my email. Very cool, I wish you all the luck on your build. We are waiting for frame to come back from coating. We are going to upgrade my bike's displacement to 1000cc and will are making it a 5-speed. Stay tuned, and thanks for your comments and showing me a new leather line I have never heard of before.

Thanks,
Shane

BC: That's a transmission with a kick starter.

They're really handy for loosening up a very cold engine prior to starting, and for starting if the battery fails.

That's a transmission with a kick starter.

They're really handy for loosening up a very cold engine prior to starting, and for starting if the battery fails.

... and the pedal sticking out at a right angle makes for interesting parking lot conversation starters with non-BMW riders.

Back