• Welcome, Guest! We hope you enjoy the excellent technical knowledge, event information and discussions that the BMW MOA forum provides. Some forum content will be hidden from you if you remain logged out. If you want to view all content, please click the 'Log in' button above and enter your BMW MOA username and password.

If you are not an MOA member, why not take the time to join the club, so you can enjoy posting on the forum, the BMW Owners News magazine, and all of the discounts and benefits the BMW MOA offers?

Complete Restoration of BMW R75/5 into Cafe Racer

Video

Very exciting news, the online video product http://www.petrolicious.com/ started shooting video footage yesterday at Josh's garage for the special they want to do about my bike. Going to be pretty cool, they are going to me on location when I see the bike for the first time to caputre that moment as well, Josh is pretty tickled, as he should be.

Thanks,
Shan

First Time Driven

Josh is breaking in the bike for me, in fact he took it to work today, he is still adjusting, has to add the side toaster panels, and we will be good to go,

Thanks,
Shane

Attachments

• 04-23-13 Josh Drove Bike to Work for First Time.jpg
    04-23-13 Josh Drove Bike to Work for First Time.jpg
    145.9 KB · Views: 183
Thanks

Beautiful, now waiting for an article like your Porsche. The bike deserves one.

Wayne

Thanks Wayne, in fact www.petrolicious.com is going to meet me at Josh's place the day I arrive for the bike unveiling and they are going to do a video on the bike. They have been documenting some of the work and want to see my reaction so we are getting a little press, thanks for all of your support, you are the best,

Shane

Great to hear the big twin fired up. Question/observation, will those four little slits on the back of the mufflers flow enough gas to let'r breathe? Guess time will tell. The last of yet another concrete snowfall just melted here, temps may hit 60F tomorrow, finally. Take care all.

Great to hear the big twin fired up. Question/observation, will those four little slits on the back of the mufflers flow enough gas to let'r breathe? Guess time will tell. The last of yet another concrete snowfall just melted here, temps may hit 60F tomorrow, finally. Take care all.

Look up Snowbum's Intake and Exhaust tuning page. It describes how that works.

OEM: 38mm ... the cross-sectional area of the header is 1,134.11 sq. mm = 1,757 square inches.

Using 40mm ... the cross-sectional area of the header is 1,256.64 sq. mm = 1.947 square inches.

Just so's ya knows.. . .

Carbs

The carbs that we restored turns out to have issues with air leaks, Josh is having a hard time getting the car to idle properly, another mechanic and him determined it to be the carbs, so this week we bought another set of carbs, I believe they are for a later model bike and they are being redone, blasted and rebuilt this weekend. I will let you know what we come up with. Josh is just finishing some final detailing also on the bike, the Iron Cross swing-arm covers are at the pin stripers, getting the white stripes on the toaster panels done as wel. The relay switch that I bought a couple years ago was faulty out of the box, so we have another one of those going on the bike, Josh is using an older spare right now. So that is our update my airhead friends, have a great weekend,
Thanks,
Shane

German Iron Cross Swing Arm Covers

One of little detail that brings the BMW and the Porsche together is the Iron Cross details that we have added to both. The Torsion Bar covers on the Porsche and just like the new Swing Arm covers on the bike. In fact, the Swing Arm covers Josh had custom made on a CNC machine as a gift for me for the bike.

Thanks,
Shane

Attachments

• IMG_1209.jpg
    IMG_1209.jpg
    91.1 KB · Views: 208
29 Month Restoration COMPLETE!

Well gang, we did it, Josh is saying the bike is finally complete. He is going to take it into his professional photo studio in the coming week or so and do a photoshoot so we will have some juicy pictures to share soon. Hoooorrrrraaaaayyyy!:dance

Thanks,
Shane

Attachments

• 05-07-13_1 Bike Complete.jpg
    05-07-13_1 Bike Complete.jpg
    75.4 KB · Views: 177
Congratulations! You should consider writing a story (maybe mulit-part) for the ON on this "journey". Maybe "the concept", "the build", "the first ride".

Well gang, we did it, Josh is saying the bike is finally complete. He is going to take it into his professional photo studio in the coming week or so and do a photoshoot so we will have some juicy pictures to share soon. Hoooorrrrraaaaayyyy!:dance

Thanks,
Shane

OOOHHH me likey this bikey :usa:usa

Back