• Welcome Guest! If you are already a member of the BMW MOA, please log in to the forum in the upper right hand corner of this page. Check "Remember Me?" if you wish to stay logged in.

We hope you enjoy the excellent technical knowledge, event information and discussions that the BMWMOA forum provides. Why not take the time to join the club, so you can enjoy posting on the forum, the club magazine, and all of the discounts and benefits the BMWMOA offers?

Want to read the MOA monthly magazine for free? Take a 3-month test ride of the magazine; check here for details.

• NOTE. Some content will be hidden from you. If you want to view all content, you must register for the forum if you are not a member, or if a member, you must be logged in.

Complete Restoration of BMW R75/5 into Cafe Racer

Talk about couples sharing an interest!

Besides elegant, I think I'd add the word "courageous" to your blog.
icon_wink.gif

The Vintagent

I have asked Paul the creative writer of "The Vintagent" www.thevintagent.blogspot.com to look into maybe doing a little write-up on Dane, as only he can do. I am sure most of you guys know about this website, but for those who are not a member of this blog, you are missing something truly special. The articles, the photos and the writing are extraordinary, check it out.

Thanks,
Shane

Cool

Boy, there's an understatement! What a collection of images.

The new go-to for me!

On the Vintagent website there is a place to register your email address and the site automatically sends you the new stories that are added, every time I get the email I check them out and I have to admit, it is some of the best moto journalism and specialty stuff available. I just love the website and I am glad some of you are also finding it cool.

Thanks,
Shane

Talked with Dane Rowe on the Phone

Well I know you may not believe it my friends but I just got off the phone with the infamous Dane Rowe, now Dane Kurth. I sent over the pictures to Paul at http://www.thevintagent.blogspot.com/ and he responded last night that he would possibly do a story if he could get some updated and fresh information or an interview from her. So this morning I did some research and found Dane in Switzerland of all places, she is now a renowned coin appraiser and an expert in the field of antique coins. She was gracious to talk with me for 20 minutes on the phone, told me that she is still with her husband and that they reside in Switzerland. I told her about my crazy request to have Paul do a story about her and the pictures from back in the 60's and 70's and she gave me all her contact information and told me to pass it onto Paul.

So there you have it, our elegant sidecar driver is alive and well and I have to admit after talking with you, she is really a fascinating woman. I have always said it is not about the metal, rubber and leather, but it is about the people that surround these bikes that make this so fun and important.

So lets hope Paul can get some information from her and hopefully we can all read about the true story of Dane if and when it comes out on the Vintagent.

Stay tuned and I have to admit my day was made talking with her. They say a picture is worth more than a 1000 words and that is certainly the case when it comes to the timelessly beautiful Dane Rowe.

Thanks,
Shane

Last edited:
On the Vintagent website there is a place to register your email address and the site automatically sends you the new stories that are added

Is this an email or an RSS feed? I've never done a feed before...probably technology over my head! :laugh

Vintagent

Go to the website http://www.thevintagent.blogspot.com/, about half way down the site on the right hand side there is a place to subscribe with your email address, plug your email into there, answer the question and you are good, anytime Paul does a new story, it will be emailed to you. It is a must have read for sure.

Thanks,
Shane

PS: Did I mention that I was tickled to talk with Dane? ;)

This story would be great in the BMW Owners News too.

Well I know you may not believe it my friends but I just got off the phone with the infamous Dane Rowe, now Dane Kurth. I sent over the pictures to Paul at http://www.thevintagent.blogspot.com/ and he responded last night that he would possibly do a story if he could get some updated and fresh information or an interview from her. So this morning I did some research and found Dane in Switzerland of all places, she is now a renowned coin collector and an expert in the field of antique coins. She was gracious to talk with me for 20 minutes on the phone, told me that she is still with her husband and that they reside in Switzerland. I told her about my crazy request to have Paul do a story about her and the pictures from back in the 60's and 70's and she gave me all her contact information and told me to pass it onto Paul.

So there you have it, our elegant sidecar driver is alive and well and I have to admit after talking with you, she is really a fascinating woman. I have always said it is not about the metal, rubber and leather, but it is about the people that surround these bikes that make this so fun and important.

So lets hope Paul can get some information from her and hopefully we can all read about the true story of Dane if and when it comes out on the Vintagent.

Stay tuned and I have to admit my day was made talking with her. They say a picture is worth more than a 1000 words and that is certainly the case when it comes to the timelessly beautiful Dane Rowe.

Thanks,
Shane

True

This story would be great in the BMW Owners News too.

Very true, but we will let Paul have a crack at the story first, I pitched it to him first, I know he will hit it out of the ballpark if he decides to do the story on the very timeless Mrs. Dane. Lets hope I can get this pulled off for her, she deserves an updated story by one of the best writers in the business.

Thanks,
Shane

I have been a Vintagent subscriber for a couple of years now. I sent a few e mails with questions and comments to Paul and he has always responded. Quite a guy, and quite a lifestyle !!

Paul

I have been a Vintagent subscriber for a couple of years now. I sent a few e mails with questions and comments to Paul and he has always responded. Quite a guy, and quite a lifestyle !!

Yeah, he is the utmost professional and very gracious with his time with me as well, no wonder he got to his position in life. I kind of think of him as the Dos Equis "Most Interesting Man Alive" kind of guy, what an interesting life and job he leads. I cherish his blog updates and the world could use more Pauls and in fact more Danes in the world if you ask me. :thumb

http://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/The_Most_Interesting_Man_in_the_World

Thanks,
Shane

PS: It is your call, Paul and "The Most Interesting Man Alive" are one and the same? I feel like apologizing for the thread getting so off track with this Dane thing, but then again come to think of it, that is what this is all about, meeting and learning about new people, so the more the Dane the better if you ask me.

Attachments

• images.jpg
    images.jpg
    12.1 KB · Views: 220
Paul

Here is a picture of Paul d'Orl?®ans from his blog site http://www.thevintagent.blogspot.com/, as far as I am concerned, he is "The Most Interesting Man Alive" and he writes one hell of a blog.

So Paul, please keep doing what you do, the world is a better place for it and please do a story on Dane, that is one damsel that deserves the attention.

Thanks,
Shane

Attachments

• pdo_daguerrotype.jpg
    pdo_daguerrotype.jpg
    14.5 KB · Views: 220
Great googly moogly !!

The picture of Paul and the guy from the beer commercial look a lot alike. Maybe Paul has an actual job after all. :type

Most interesting people

Go to the website http://www.thevintagent.blogspot.com/, about half way down the site on the right hand side there is a place to subscribe with your email address, plug your email into there, answer the question and you are good, anytime Paul does a new story, it will be emailed to you. It is a must have read for sure.

Thanks,
Shane

PS: Did I mention that I was tickled to talk with Dane? ;)

Thanks for the pic and info re Dane and the blog by Paul. Both so interesting and great history on motorcycles and people!:dance

Mike
Green Bay, Title Town
76 R90/6
93 R100R Legend

Shane, I amend my earlier comment: You do know the MOST interersting people. Good work tracking down Dane Kurth! I've read the Vintagent for some time, and there's always something to lear there. I'll be waiting to see the interview with Ms. Kurth.
Mac

Very true, but we will let Paul have a crack at the story first, I pitched it to him first, I know he will hit it out of the ballpark if he decides to do the story on the very timeless Mrs. Dane. Lets hope I can get this pulled off for her, she deserves an updated story by one of the best writers in the business.

Thanks,
Shane

Sorry, wasn't very clear... I meant the Owner News could print Paul's write-up.

Thanks

Sorry, wasn't very clear... I meant the Owner News could print Paul's write-up.

No apology necessary, I was not sure how the News section works at the BMW thing, I think it would be perfect, I think it is cool that she may be some more publicity after all these years, she really is a rather cool lady.

Thanks again for telling me who she was when I inquired, sorry for being such a dumbass.

Thanks,
Shane

Back