• Welcome, Guest! We hope you enjoy the excellent technical knowledge, event information and discussions that the BMW MOA forum provides. Some forum content will be hidden from you if you remain logged out. If you want to view all content, please click the 'Log in' button above and enter your BMW MOA username and password.

If you are not an MOA member, why not take the time to join the club, so you can enjoy posting on the forum, the BMW Owners News magazine, and all of the discounts and benefits the BMW MOA offers?

Complete Restoration of BMW R75/5 into Cafe Racer

Paint Update

Happy holidays to everyone, hope you all have a great holiday season. Sorry for so little updates, but with the garage being destroyed by water and the holiday, things have slowed a bit. I did hear from Bill Hamilton at Hamilton Classics and he confirmed that the tins will go into the paint booth this weekend. Very excited to see how it turns out and as soon as I get any updates or pictures I will be sure to share them. In the meantime, thanks for following and Merry Christmas to everyone.

Sincerely,
Shane

Happy New Years!

Happy New Years to everyone, I have great news, Josh is back in his garage after the flood and the bike is on the stand. The tins are finishing paint this following week so hopefully in early 2013 we will have many new updates for everyone. Thanks everyone for following along, sorry it has been a little slow going as of late, but that will change.

Sincerely,
Shane

Attachments

• Sharon Balkowitsch 10-04-12_1.jpg
    Sharon Balkowitsch 10-04-12_1.jpg
    66.3 KB · Views: 308
Pipes and Headers

Josh is putting the exhaust on the bike, and I HAVE PICTURES to share! Horray!!! Paint is finishing today, will be in Josh's little greasy hands next week!

Thanks everyone,
Shane

Attachments

• 01-11-13_1 Pipes.JPG
    01-11-13_1 Pipes.JPG
    46 KB · Views: 226
Happy New Year!

Glad to see you and Josh are back on track with the bike. Been hungry for updates and pics! It is looking like a beemer!:clap

Mike Horne
76 R90/6
93 R100R Legend

Happy Thread

I was cruising the internet last week for pictures of powdercoated exhaust systems, and ran into a LARGE site with literally hundreds of "postage stamp" type pix of all sorts of powdercoat jobs, and. . .wait for it. . .ran into pictures of YOUR recently powdercoated mufflers. These things look fantastic now, especially compared to the to the "before" pictures of them -- lots of rust in evidence. Pictures CAN sometimes lie, but I'm guessing that these don't disappoint when viewed in-person.

This baby has the possibility of coming together very quickly now, and that's very exciting to your many fans. Believe it or not, and even with snow on the ground - spring is not far away. . .

Walking Eagle

Yes

Wow Shane, I'll bet you are getting stoked!

You will be riding by Spring!

Ken

Yes, we are going on 3 years now for the restoration, it is almost coming to a conclusion. I called today and next month I can register for the ABATE Class here in town, my brother took it a few years back and really recommends it. I will take the class at first sign of spring. Thanks for following along, very excited and more importantly, furtunate to be able to pull this off.

Thanks,
Shane

White Fender

And my own little personal touch, completely white front fender to match the white race stripe. I have to admit, this 1948 Porsche color is amazing on a BMW, must be a German and Air Cooled thing!

Attachments

• DSC08507.jpg
    DSC08507.jpg
    28.9 KB · Views: 292
Headlight Bucket

Josh received all of the painted tins and today started with the headlight bucket, I could not be happier with the look. Have a great weekend everyone. The same company that restored my original gauges for my Porsche did the bike.

Thanks,
Shane

Attachments

• photo.JPG
    photo.JPG
    32 KB · Views: 245
Thanks Bruno

Love those color combos! In the overhead shot, you can really see the left jug positioned ahead of the right one. You guys are doing an awesome job.

Thanks for your kind words, Josh is hard at it, wants to get it assembled so he can start test driving it. I wonder if Josh is having fun, take a look for yourself.

Thanks,
Shane

Attachments

• 01-21-13_7.jpg
    01-21-13_7.jpg
    115.1 KB · Views: 198
Back