• Welcome, Guest! We hope you enjoy the excellent technical knowledge, event information and discussions that the BMW MOA forum provides. Some forum content will be hidden from you if you remain logged out. If you want to view all content, please click the 'Log in' button above and enter your BMW MOA username and password.

If you are not an MOA member, why not take the time to join the club, so you can enjoy posting on the forum, the BMW Owners News magazine, and all of the discounts and benefits the BMW MOA offers?

• Beginning April 1st, and running through April 30th, there is a new 2024 BMW MOA Election discussion area within The Club section of the forum. Within this forum area is also a sticky post that provides the ground rules for participating in the Election forum area. Also, the candidates statements are provided. Please read before joining the conversation, because the rules are very specific to maintain civility.

The Election forum is here: Election Forum

Kathys Bags

SPIKESBIKE

Does anyone know who sells Kathys Bags besides Bobs BMW? I am not so happy with Bobs service the past few years and would like to give someone else a chance.

I'm not getting any hits to active pages other than Bob's BMW. I've bought bags and tool roll cases from there a few times.

Unless you can buy direct from Kathy's, it seems Bob's BMW is the only game in town.

I've posted this before but try this:

http://www.bagsforbikes.com/bags/index.htm

Her name is Karla and I believe she also does some BMW bags that are not listed on her website. The picture of the Moto Guzzi Norge bags are mine. I worked with her and sent her pictures and measurements for the first design. She is fast and the bags are every bit as good as Kathy's bags. (I have both.)

Oh, and as for Bob's, I've also found that if you contact him to let him know whatever problems you've had, he will work to make it right and redeem himself.

I thought I read something a few years back indicating Kathy's bags are an exclusive of Bob's. Could be wrong, but that's what I'm remembering.

Kathy's - Mag's Bags

I got a set of Kathy's bags through Bob's BMW and couldn't have been happier with the quality and value of the bags as well as the transaction through Bob's. They seem very customer friendly and eager to serve in my experiences with them. One other bag that I can't say enough good things about is the Mag's Bags Journey Touring Bag that goes over my back seat. I've had this bag for over 12 years now and it has been a faithful and dependable performer on many trips. I needed some minor repairs to it a couple of years ago and contacted her to find out about the cost of repairs and I paid the shipping one way and she did the repairs for free and paid shipping on the way back. A Really wonderful product and fantastic customer service! Don

Here's the link for Mags Bags:

http://www.magsbags.com/touringbags.html

I got a set of Kathy's bags through Bob's BMW and couldn't have been happier with the quality and value of the bags as well as the transaction through Bob's. They seem very customer friendly and eager to serve in my experiences with them. One other bag that I can't say enough good things about is the Mag's Bags Journey Touring Bag that goes over my back seat. I've had this bag for over 12 years now and it has been a faithful and dependable performer on many trips. I needed some minor repairs to it a couple of years ago and contacted her to find out about the cost of repairs and I paid the shipping one way and she did the repairs for free and paid shipping on the way back. A Really wonderful product and fantastic customer service! Don

Here's the link for Mags Bags:

http://www.magsbags.com/touringbags.html

Unfortunately, this is posted on their home page

We are sorry to announce that Mag's Bags has suspended business.

We were involved in a motorcycle/car accident in October of 2009 and as a result Margo (Mag) was severely injured and unable to continue working.

We appreciate all the great times we've had meeting our friends and customers over the years. Being involved in the motorcycling community has been a wonderful experience.

Thank you All,

Margo & Dave Thomas

It's a bummer

What a shame...

Thanks for the update. Really sad to hear she went down and is not able
to make bags. I spoke with her on the phone once about repairing the
bag I mentioned in the earlier post and she is one of the nicest people I've
done business with.........what a shame. Don

direct link to Kathy's Bags

I thought I read something a few years back indicating Kathy's bags are an exclusive of Bob's. Could be wrong, but that's what I'm remembering.

Here is the direct link to Kathy's Journey's Designs Bags:
http://kathysjourneydesigns.com/

No need to go through Bobs BMW. I ordered a set of Kathy's bags yesterday from Bob's and got a phone call from them telling me the bags were on "indefinite backorder." I cancelled the order and searched for Kathy's bags via google. I found the website and ordered direct

I have had a Jo's u-bag for about 6 yrs (50,000mile) with no regrets.
Jo makes her bags to order and If I remember, quite quickly.
Her web address is: www.josupac.com

I have had a UPac for 8 years and they are indestructible. I have stuffed it till it could not take anymore when doing 2 up rally trips. A good buy.

Be advised you will lose your top case as it sits on the back plate.

upack.jpg

If you can wait a few weeks...

There's a good chance you can buy them at the MOA Rally. That's where I got mine. And I believe they were a few dollars less than the price on kathy's site.

DC

I bought 2 custom saddlebag liners for my R1200CLC from an eBay seller that were approx $55 and very well made.

Back