• Welcome, Guest! We hope you enjoy the excellent technical knowledge, event information and discussions that the BMW MOA forum provides. Some forum content will be hidden from you if you remain logged out. If you want to view all content, please click the 'Log in' button above and enter your BMW MOA username and password.

If you are not an MOA member, why not take the time to join the club, so you can enjoy posting on the forum, the BMW Owners News magazine, and all of the discounts and benefits the BMW MOA offers?

Smoke Chasing

tmoyer

Intermediate Adventurer
Who's participating?

http://www.smokechasing.com/

The Ultimate RidinÔÇÖ & BBQ EatinÔÇÖ Grand Tour

March 25th thru October 1st

This self-paced BBQ Grand Tour combines your love of motorcycling and BBQ while supporting a great cause: EddieÔÇÖs Road, a charitable foundation helping abused and neglected youth. Smoke Chasing is open to all makes and models of motorcycle and all types of riders.

This Smoke Chasing Grand Tour is a perfect complement to your day trips, weekend rides, and can even be slipped into a quick stop during a long distance event. How you choose to complete the event is up to you. Just be sure to follow the rules, ride safely, and eat a little bit more than you need to.

Your entry fee includes an event passport book to document your finishing level. In addition, finishers will receive a certificate and a chance to win one of at least nine prizes including gas cards, motorcycle gear, and free single rider entry some great motorcycle rallies. Smoke Chasing is also in the AMA Grand Tours Series with KOA Along the Way and the AMA is sponsoring additional prizes and promotions.

Read the Smoke Chasing Grand Tour Rules.

Registration fee is $25.
You can also purchase a
Smoke Chasing 2011 tee shirt
when you register at Ride Master.

Questions?
Contact the Grillmaster.
Join us on Facebook.

To benefit
Hosted by

I thought this was about riding behind certain K bikes! :nyah

We're jumpin' in...that's about all our roadmates want to eat anyways...:banghead

I'm a South Carolinian so BBQ and biking are my two favorite things. But I wish the web site had more info. Is there a list of designated places you're supposed to visit? Are they all in one region?

The beauty of this Grand Tour is that you discover the places to go. The major requirement is that the "joint" you visit and photograph the sign is that it have Barbeque, BBQ, or some variant in the name on the sign.

You must visit 15 BBQ joints, in one or the other of the following configurations:

15 joints ; 5 different joints in each of 3 different states
15 joints; 3 different joints in each of 5 different states
15 joints; 1 joint in each of 15 different states.

pretty simple...pick your own degree of difficulty. It is really more of a personal challenge than a competition in that if your are a "finisher" you are eligible for the same prize drawing as any other finisher, regardless of which "level" you choose.

Ahh, I see. I'll have to think about it. Five in Pennsylvania and Maryland would be a piece of cake. If I do my planned full length of the Blue Ridge Parkway ride this year, it would be easy to include Virginia and North Carolina.

Shoot! I figured I lived in the wrong place. No BBQ for me I guess.

Any chance you folks will expand your horizons and come to So. Cal.???

Oh well, it was worth a try.

Shoot! I figured I lived in the wrong place. No BBQ for me I guess.

Any chance you folks will expand your horizons and come to So. Cal.???

Oh well, it was worth a try.

The sites can be in any state. Are there no BBQ joints in California?

I checked Google maps and found well over five BBQ restaurants near Seal Beach in California. A ride to Phoenix would get you five locations in Arizona, and a trip to Las Vegas nets you five more in Nevada.

I started the Smoke Chasing Grand Tour this weekend. Not only will it take a lot of good miles and good food to complete:eat, but Eddie James was a great friend and BMWMOA member. Proceeds from this ride benefit a foundation in his memory that helps kids trying to grow up well in difficult surroundings.

John Ryan

"There's Absolutely No Excuse for the Way I'm About to Act"
http://www.longerfasterstronger.wordpress.com

I was getting confused with all of the updates and changes, but it sounds like things are on track now.

This should be a fun contest! I think I can beat JOHN RYAN at this one :nyah

I'm in. :eat Looks like there's a BBQ place or two around Bloomsburg if I can't find places closer to home, which shouldn't be too hard. :)

I'm in. :eat Looks like there's a BBQ place or two around Bloomsburg if I can't find places closer to home, which shouldn't be too hard. :)

I don't know about that but there are ones in State College, Holladaysburg, Carlisle, Gettysburg, and Shamokin Dam. And several in Maryland.

Sure, when I get a chance. I have many of them book marked already.

I dropped in on Rocklands in Arlington last week when I was staying right next to it. It was acceptable.

Back