• Welcome, Guest! We hope you enjoy the excellent technical knowledge, event information and discussions that the BMW MOA forum provides. Some forum content will be hidden from you if you remain logged out. If you want to view all content, please click the 'Log in' button above and enter your BMW MOA username and password.

If you are not an MOA member, why not take the time to join the club, so you can enjoy posting on the forum, the BMW Owners News magazine, and all of the discounts and benefits the BMW MOA offers?

Military Sales Promo Prices

B1Pilot

I'm sorry this doesnt fit all, but for those service members who qualify (must have orders to Germany or stationed there) and possibly for those serving more than 6 months in the desert, linked are the BMW pricelists for both variants of the bike. Its about a $2000 savings that really comes from not having to ship the bike, or pay usual local fees that servicemen stationed there are exempt from I believe.

For the rest of you, this is still good info on the bike, and how the packages and options are broken out.

Cheers!

B-1

2iup0h.jpg

2mzioig.jpg

Current exchange rate is $1.45.
19,000 Euro turn into $27,500. Maybe cheaper to buy the bike here, then ship to Europe. Especially if you're friends with the C130 loadmaster...

These prices are the U.S. Dollar cash prices that servicemen pay if you are stationed in Germany only. You would have to pay full price here in the states -- military ships bikes for free (as long as you stay under your weight limit). I have no idea what the bikes go for in euro, in germany, right now... but I am sure on VAT alone it could be a killer. When I talked to the guy, he told me I could get a pretty good price on my 09 RT in Germany because of this fact.

I unfortunately lost my Germany assignment, and now instead get to go to the five-sided pain cave, so no new bike for me :mad

Sorry Chris, I did not see the $ sign. At that price, it's a pretty good deal.
In Germany, the K1600GT base price is 19.900 Euro, the GTL starts at 21.850 Euro. That's why it would be a lot cheaper to buy here and ship back to Germany - unless you get the military deal.

Back