• Welcome, Guest! We hope you enjoy the excellent technical knowledge, event information and discussions that the BMW MOA forum provides. Some forum content will be hidden from you if you remain logged out. If you want to view all content, please click the 'Log in' button above and enter your BMW MOA username and password.

If you are not an MOA member, why not take the time to join the club, so you can enjoy posting on the forum, the BMW Owners News magazine, and all of the discounts and benefits the BMW MOA offers?

• Beginning April 1st, and running through April 30th, there is a new 2024 BMW MOA Election discussion area within The Club section of the forum. Within this forum area is also a sticky post that provides the ground rules for participating in the Election forum area. Also, the candidates statements are provided. Please read before joining the conversation, because the rules are very specific to maintain civility.

The Election forum is here: Election Forum

"Motorcycle jeans"

robertklee

I'm interested in some of those "motorcycle jeans"...you know, denim pants with the kevlar inserts and body armour. Anybody out there have any experience with those? What brand do you recommend? Thanks.

:usa

I have two pair of Diamond Gusset brand jeans. Never tested their performance in an accident, but they are very comfortable, seem well made and look pretty much like any other pair of jeans.

Dultuh Trading Co. offers "Logger's Pants" made out of 11.5 oz. fire-hose material. They don't have Kevlar in them but they do have extra material over the knees and shins, as well as a gusset (it's called a "dutchman" really) in the crotch for extra movement).

They 're heavy ass h3ll, and for $50 they won't break the bank.

Check out their other "jeans" as well.

disclaimer: no affiliation, etc.

What you will find is when you get the Kevlar you lose the armor. It seems nobody does both. The BMW city pants is pretty tough stuff and has armor. They are expensive but the only pants I have found that offer both types of protection. I have some Draggin Jeans but as with the rest you would have buy strap on armor and that is just not an option for me in the summer.

What you will find is when you get the Kevlar you lose the armor. Snip!!

That may have been true a few years ago but it certainly isn't true today!

If you shop a few of the motorcycle gear retailers such as Cycle Gear, you'll find that there are several brands of riding jeans that include at least some armor.

Last Spring I bought a pair of "Red Route" jeans that are equipped with modern, removable knee armor, plenty of Kevlar in the important areas and zippered panels at the cuffs to aid in getting them over boots. The ones I have fit like relaxed jeans, so I don't resemble a swat team member when I'm off-bike and they're comfortable enough that I forget they're on. I got em on sale for about $50. :thumb

There are other styles and other brands out there but you have to shop around.

I have a pair of Dragon Jeans and I rarely wear them. I find the Kevlar to be hot, scratchy and uncomfortable. I'd much rather wear my Olympia Airglides either alone or over a pair of jeans, shorts, etc.

I'm a fan of Draggin and Aerostich. Competition Accessories also makes nice cargo pants, but they wrinkle awfully bad after washing.

Above about 85 degrees, I find even mesh nylon or polyester pants unbearable, so the jeans are all I wear in the summer.

I really like the BMW City Pants Denim. The perforated soft inner liner makes them quite comfortable even when its very hot. Great armor, lots of pockets and infinitely adjustable belt.

As with most BMW apparel, pricey but worth it.

I have 2 pair of Diamond Gusset jeans and 1 pair of Draggin jeans. Both are comfortable but the Diamond jeans have velcro straps allowing you to close the bottom of your jeans around boot tops. The heat/humidity in FL during the summer and fall calls for cooler clothing that has abrasion protection. There are mesh pants with armor in the hips and knees that would allow you to wear shorts.
Safety and comfort is my goal wether just going to the store or to a Rally several states away.

I have the Cortech jeans that I wear when riding my CBR1000RR. They have perforated Brazilian leather in the impact areas and armor in the knees. Fairly heavy jean material, but they are pretty comfortable.

If you can find them in your size, BMW used to make the Maverick line of Jeans and jacket combo. Very well made with armor and kevlar sewn into the fabric. I wear them often except when the summer season rears it's head in July. Then its into mesh gear for me until cooler months.

Back