• Welcome, Guest! We hope you enjoy the excellent technical knowledge, event information and discussions that the BMW MOA forum provides. Some forum content will be hidden from you if you remain logged out. If you want to view all content, please click the 'Log in' button above and enter your BMW MOA username and password.

If you are not an MOA member, why not take the time to join the club, so you can enjoy posting on the forum, the BMW Owners News magazine, and all of the discounts and benefits the BMW MOA offers?

• Beginning April 1st, and running through April 30th, there is a new 2024 BMW MOA Election discussion area within The Club section of the forum. Within this forum area is also a sticky post that provides the ground rules for participating in the Election forum area. Also, the candidates statements are provided. Please read before joining the conversation, because the rules are very specific to maintain civility.

The Election forum is here: Election Forum

At dealers?

roncooper

There is a guy on another forum saying he has sat on a K1600GTL at a dealer. Are there really any at the dealers?

He deleted the post, but I think he said Hanson's in OR was the dealer. Their website doesn't mention that they have any in stock.

Probably a display bike that BMW has.

They're not available in Germany yet, either, according to a friend in der Vaterland, who is all hot for GT.

Here's what I heard: According to our local dealer, there will be a total of 1,500 K1600's coming to the US this year and approx 1,200 are spoken for on the pre-order program. Not sure what the ratio of GTL verses GT, but it was mentioned that the GTL's seemed to be the bigger seller at first, but the GT's may be catching up based on recent orders.

They claim these will be at the dealer in June. The remaining 300 bikes will be for dealers to have on their floor for regular business.

I sat on both K1600s just last evening at my local dealer. But, they were BMW Canada display bikes, not dealer inventory. They were used for bike shows etc. and arrived in Canada in December I believe. They obviously are not series production bikes.

I sat on both K1600s just last evening at my local dealer. But, they were BMW Canada display bikes, not dealer inventory. They were used for bike shows etc. and arrived in Canada in December I believe. They obviously are not series production bikes.

Judging from the interest the bikes received at the bike show in Montreal they will do quite well in Canada. Have a feeling their will be lots of cross-overs.

2011 will be a good year for BMW.

Back