• Welcome, Guest! We hope you enjoy the excellent technical knowledge, event information and discussions that the BMW MOA forum provides. Some forum content will be hidden from you if you remain logged out. If you want to view all content, please click the 'Log in' button above and enter your BMW MOA username and password.

If you are not an MOA member, why not take the time to join the club, so you can enjoy posting on the forum, the BMW Owners News magazine, and all of the discounts and benefits the BMW MOA offers?

University apartment locations with respect to the rally site?

xp8103

I can find the office of Res life on Google maps. But where are the apartments located with respect to the fair grounds? Walking distance? Looking like about 1.5-2 miles?

IIRC, there is going to be a shuttle bus from the apartment areas to the Fairgrounds. Can't seem to find the post with the reference right now, though...

Theo -

Check the one above. I sounds like there will be some sort of transportation provided. From the maps, it seems that the apartment complex is a bit further away from the rally grounds than the University proper.

I GoogleMapped it for kicks last week - it is just shy of a 2-mile walk.

<iframe width="640" height="480" frameborder="0" scrolling="no" marginheight="0" marginwidth="0" src="http://maps.google.com/maps?f=d&source=s_d&saddr=W+5th+St&daddr=Country+Club+Rd&hl=en&geocode=FXqPcQIdmk5x-w%3BFabWcQIddH5x-w&mra=ls&sll=41.012127,-76.443987&sspn=0.015155,0.030985&ie=UTF8&t=h&ll=41.005747,-76.453171&spn=0.03109,0.054932&z=14&output=embed"></iframe><br /><small><a href="http://maps.google.com/maps?f=d&source=embed&saddr=W+5th+St&daddr=Country+Club+Rd&hl=en&geocode=FXqPcQIdmk5x-w%3BFabWcQIddH5x-w&mra=ls&sll=41.012127,-76.443987&sspn=0.015155,0.030985&ie=UTF8&t=h&ll=41.005747,-76.453171&spn=0.03109,0.054932&z=14" style="color:#0000FF;text-align:left">View Larger Map</a></small>

I GoogleMapped it for kicks last week - it is just shy of a 2-mile walk...{snip}

That looks like a path to the east entrance to the fairgrounds. I believe the main entrance is to the west of the racetrack and the green rows of grass. This would add another 3/4 mile or so to the walk.

Hopefully, they'll have a east gate open for pedestrians. Note that the fairgrounds map linked-to in some posts has south facing up!

Friends and I have confirmed reservations and the distance is not a concern for me. It will be close compared to some of the past rallies. I prefer to be on the grounds in my RV but I can stay in the apartments for far less than the gas expense.

Looks like we're booked into the Mt. Olympus complex. My son will have to sleeping bag-it on the floor. But that means we don't need to bring sleeping bags, tent or other outdoor camping equipment.

apartments

We received confirmation of our reservation at the apartments this week. Doesnt seem like much of a problem at all, I believe the apartment rental is the way to go.

We are planning to have a shuttle that will run from the university with a stop in the historic downtown and then to the rally. Bloomsburg has a nice downtown area with restaurants, etc.

We are planning to have a shuttle that will run from the university with a stop in the historic downtown and then to the rally. Bloomsburg has a nice downtown area with restaurants, etc.

Fantastic, Mark! Thanks!

Follow-up question --

Any idea about what time the shuttle will start in the morning and when the last one will be from the fairgrounds? Too eager, huh?

Back