• Welcome, Guest! We hope you enjoy the excellent technical knowledge, event information and discussions that the BMW MOA forum provides. Some forum content will be hidden from you if you remain logged out. If you want to view all content, please click the 'Log in' button above and enter your BMW MOA username and password.

If you are not an MOA member, why not take the time to join the club, so you can enjoy posting on the forum, the BMW Owners News magazine, and all of the discounts and benefits the BMW MOA offers?

Scorpion EXO 1000 Helmet/Young- has Cracked Collar

jsoque

I've got a Scorpion EXO 1000, size XL (23.5 inch dia noggin) and have used it since September 2010.

Love the looks, has some slight wind sheer at high speeds, but, love the venting and flip down sunvisor.

So, it's now 2011, and I took it out for a February 2011 ride.

I've noticed the vinyl under collar is now shaffed, cracked, breached in two places, foam showing, on the underside, and I got to thinking; is this the way a $400 piece of gear should be behaving?

Anyone out there having the same problem with Scorpion Helmets?
What to do about it, is my next delima.... :-(

Jim

I don't have the EXO 1000, but have owned the EXO 700 for several years and have had zero problems with it.

It should hold up better than that. Scorpion has a three year warranty on their helmets and have always been good about honoring the warranty for my purchases. Speak with your dealer or call the company directly.

It should hold up better than that. Scorpion has a three year warranty on their helmets and have always been good about honoring the warranty for my purchases. Speak with your dealer or call the company directly.

+1. Call Scorpion. Complaining to us does no good. :nyah

Add another for Scorpion's customer support - my back vent popped off after dropping my tank bag on it at just the wrong angle. I called looking to buy a new vent piece and instead they warrantied it and sent me a new vent piece express mail.

Good people.

Back