• Welcome, Guest! We hope you enjoy the excellent technical knowledge, event information and discussions that the BMW MOA forum provides. Some forum content will be hidden from you if you remain logged out. If you want to view all content, please click the 'Log in' button above and enter your BMW MOA username and password.

If you are not an MOA member, why not take the time to join the club, so you can enjoy posting on the forum, the BMW Owners News magazine, and all of the discounts and benefits the BMW MOA offers?

• Beginning April 1st, and running through April 30th, there is a new 2024 BMW MOA Election discussion area within The Club section of the forum. Within this forum area is also a sticky post that provides the ground rules for participating in the Election forum area. Also, the candidates statements are provided. Please read before joining the conversation, because the rules are very specific to maintain civility.

The Election forum is here: Election Forum

Vegas in early April.

devarts

I'll be atttending a bachelor party with my two sons in Vegas. Before all the shenanigans begin, we will have a day to spend riding.

We plan to rent from Eagle and pick up our rides at Las Vegas BMW. Is this the best spot to rent?

What are some good places to visit? We were thinking of going to the Hoover Dam. Is the strip fun to ride on bikes, or is it like driving in Rome?

Also, any reccomendations on the bike we choose to rent. Should we get touring bikes? Or will we be able to find some good desert roads, and therefor rent some 1200GS and 850GS bikes. We live in Vermont and look forward to enjoying both Vegas and the desert.

Too msny places to list. Just one day doesn't do the desert area justice. The dam is a nice place to visit if you have not been. The new bridge is a sight to see. Tours in the dam are available.

Just get a map of So. Nev. and mark places of interest. Death Valley is not too far away and you would be there most likely before it gets too hot.

Go with the GS, which provides you with flexability with the roads to ride.

I'll be atttending a bachelor party with my two sons in Vegas. Before all the shenanigans begin, we will have a day to spend riding.

We plan to rent from Eagle and pick up our rides at Las Vegas BMW. Is this the best spot to rent?

What are some good places to visit? We were thinking of going to the Hoover Dam. Is the strip fun to ride on bikes, or is it like driving in Rome?

Also, any reccomendations on the bike we choose to rent. Should we get touring bikes? Or will we be able to find some good desert roads, and therefor rent some 1200GS and 850GS bikes. We live in Vermont and look forward to enjoying both Vegas and the desert.[/QUOTE

Red Rock canyon and points to the north east are my choice. Shoshone along Ca 178 over Salisbury and Jubilee passes to badwater and on to furnace creek. Las Vegas HD rents HD's and is open every day. BMW rents well... BMW's but closes Sunday and Monday. Ride what you want. Don't bother with the strip. It's interesting to see the Dam thing and you can scoot around Lake Mead and up to the Valley of fire. Did I mention not to bother with the strip? Far better to take a day and run up to Zion. It's only 150 miles each way and well worth it. Besides the rentals include 300 miles/ day so you've gotta get your money's worth right? My recomendation for a visit to Vegas is spend your money on gas and bike rentals instead of booze, gambling and whatever else a"bachelors party" might include. Did I mention avoiding the strip? VegasRob

So you must work for the Vegas Chamber of Commerce. Thanks for the tips. I'll check out some maps. The Badwater Road looks like a stunning ride. A lot of miles-perhaps 300mi round trip. Sounds great though.

Back