• Welcome, Guest! We hope you enjoy the excellent technical knowledge, event information and discussions that the BMW MOA forum provides. Some forum content will be hidden from you if you remain logged out. If you want to view all content, please click the 'Log in' button above and enter your BMW MOA username and password.

If you are not an MOA member, why not take the time to join the club, so you can enjoy posting on the forum, the BMW Owners News magazine, and all of the discounts and benefits the BMW MOA offers?

Volunteers

When are things going to get going.

I don't mean to rush anyone. Call me (beemer) crazy, but I have been excited about this rally for several months already.
I realize that every volunteer chairperson has a different time schedule based on their specific task, but when are volunteers likely to be finalized? I am sorry if I sound negative, that is not my intention at all. I am merely curious because I want to volunteer, but I am not sure for what position it should be.
thanks
mg

wvcajun said:
But what is the "Charging station?" This may be a newbie question.

MG

Nope, it is a fair question as it is a new thing, first time at this rally. Lots of people travel with digital cameras, cell phones, laptops, and other electronics that they want to be able to plug into an AC outlet and recharge. (Or they might have just bought a cool farkle at a vendor and want to charge it up) So this station is bascially a place for them to do this. The person would provide their device and wall charger and the Charging Station provides a place to plug it in, and through the niceness of volunteers someone to watch the station so someone can leave their device there for a while.

(A farkle is a term for a motorcycle accessory, typically electric of some sort.)

Make sense?

That sounds easy

I think that would be a good way for me to check out the latest farkles. You can count me in. I plan on volunteering for the First Aid service, but I could give you a hand as well. What kind of time commitment are we talking about?

Matthew Guidry
moguidry@yahoo.com
:thumb

Thanks for offering to help out.

I am asking for a "three hour tour, a three hour tour" (What can I say I am a Gilligan's Island fan), 9AM to 12N, 12N to 3PM, or 3PM to 6PM. When would you like to be there?

I figure the time slots should be first come first served.

we are allowed to imbibe on a cold draft while we work the charging station correct?

Mark11LT said:
we are allowed to imbibe on a cold draft while we work the charging station correct?

Non alcoholic beverages no problemo, mainly cause we are going to be responsible for other people's stuff.

If it helps, If you take the early shift (9AM) I'll make you a World Infamous Brad Benn Appletini with a beer chaser. :thumb :stick :stick :brad

Early Help!!!!

The Veg said:
So ya need any more early help? :D

Yes, set up will need quite a few volunteers. Thanks for offering Veg. There is a perk involved (keep this quiet), but if you volunteer for set-up you can get on the site a day early and have a gourmet sub sandwich for your hard work.

Thanks again

Back