• Welcome, Guest! We hope you enjoy the excellent technical knowledge, event information and discussions that the BMW MOA forum provides. Some forum content will be hidden from you if you remain logged out. If you want to view all content, please click the 'Log in' button above and enter your BMW MOA username and password.

If you are not an MOA member, why not take the time to join the club, so you can enjoy posting on the forum, the BMW Owners News magazine, and all of the discounts and benefits the BMW MOA offers?

Aerostitch question (s) ?

My first stich was a used 46R one piece. It was replaced with a two piece 48R jacket and 46R pants which gave me more room for layering in cool weather. I keep the jacket and pants zipped together. It just feels like the right way to do it after owning the one piece.
No leaks from either suit and I've been in downpours with both. I have no complaints about being too hot. Riding an RS instead of an RT or LT certainly helps with that. I don't know why other garment manufacturers don't copy the side zipper design. Between the sleeve zips, the side zips and the fabric itself (wear your stitch on a cold winter ride and see what i mean) I get plenty of air. I admit to wearing a perforated jacket with jeans for a short ride but on a trip I take the stich and nothing else.

Zipped all the time

Mine are zipped together all the time, fits much better that way. Next time if I buy another Stich I'll just buy the one-piece Roadcrafter.

Commute daily in my one piece. On, off, on, off. Multiple rides in day long downpours. Leaked once in the crotch. Followed Aerostich instructions - used NIXWAX and no leak since. Broke in quite nicely. Soft as a pair of Elkskin ropers. After three years had Aerostich "refresh" it.
Great product, great service. Value for money? I retired everything else.

Kinda new to the Stich world, I have a 2 piece, I love it. I commute every day in it. It is my three season gear; I have other stuff for summer. It never is unzipped unless I need to wear the jacket around to stay warm when stopped.

I have owned, and still do, many other sets of jackets and pants, Vanson, BMW, Motoport and Belstaff to name a few. Only the BMW gear comes close in regards to build quality.

Back