Thread: Daytona Bike Week Ride Suggestions

Daytona Bike Week Ride Suggestions

I'm going to Bike Week in Daytona and I'm looking for some advice on good day rides around the area. Any suggestions would be appreciated.

don't miss the Ormond Loop.

see ya there!

ian
    Go soothingly through the grease mud, as there lurks the skid demon.
    __________________________________________________ ________
    '67 Trail 90 || '86 R80 G/SPD+ || '97 F650ST || '00 1150 GS || '06 HP2e

tdomek
    Great pic Ian; love that spot!

I would add A1A from the Ponce Inlet Light clear up to St Augustine; curves are rare in Central Florida but the views of the ocean, beach and hammocks are spectacular.

Quote Originally Posted by Visian View Post
    don't miss the Ormond Loop.

see ya there!

ian

leesrt
    I'm heading down from Valdosta Ga on the 11th to go to the IMS and Daytona BMW. Spending the night and have a hotel so if anyone wants to ride with me or needs a room to sleep in or shower let me know. Coming back on the 12th.

ADV Meet and Greet

Info below.

How about an ADV Bike Week morning meet and ride? I know everyone comes down at different times so we can offer a casual meet and ride both saturdays - 3/5 and 3/12 at Riviera Park in Ormond Beach. Meet at 9:30 am and kickstands up at 10:00 to ride "The Loop".
    http://www.ormondbeach.org/facilitie...50&Page=detail
    The park is on the mainland side of the Halifax River on South Beach St. Between the Seabreeze and Granada Bridge. The Loop is a nice 22 mile ride north into Tomoka State Park, east to the beach and then south along the river or the beach. Thanks to Colemanfu for coming up with the idea. Spread the word to like minded riders. http://www.ormondscenicloopandtrail.com/

I say we find a cool spot to stop for lunch after we ride for a bit. Let's hear some ideas. Hope to see a bunch f ADV'ers down at BW.

Here is a link- http://www.advrider.com/forums/showp...&postcount=103

I am going to the one on 3/12.
    Ron
    Ride whatever makes you smile! Every bike has it's own issues, problems and annoyances...

Cool

I like to ride to Martin's in Flagler Beach for the King Cut Prime Rib! Now that's what I call riding.

Leisurely mid week run down to Key West and watch the sunset off Mallory Square. Then haul ass back to Daytona to catch the Daytona 200.

Cool

Quote Originally Posted by rkimmel2 View Post
    I like to ride to Martin's in Flagler Beach for the King Cut Prime Rib! Now that's what I call riding.
    The Chromeheads will be ar Martins this coming Friday for a lunch get together.
    Cave Contents: 1980 R100RT/Ural Sidecar, 2004 R1200CLC, 2006 HD FSXTI
    Ride Safe

poosu
    I live in the Daytona area and I feel that after the Ormaond loop aren't any really good rides. However we do have really good winter weather which makes up for it. I have found the MadMaps 'Rally Run Daytona Beach" map with 5 rides from 44 miles to 170 miles to be good suggestions. I got my copy at Cycle Gear in a strip mall across from the Speedway.

A1A is kinda neat along the ocean, but with all the bikes in town, it's usually backed up and slow going.