• Welcome, Guest! We hope you enjoy the excellent technical knowledge, event information and discussions that the BMW MOA forum provides. Some forum content will be hidden from you if you remain logged out. If you want to view all content, please click the 'Log in' button above and enter your BMW MOA username and password.

If you are not an MOA member, why not take the time to join the club, so you can enjoy posting on the forum, the BMW Owners News magazine, and all of the discounts and benefits the BMW MOA offers?

Road Trippin' USA 2012

That is a truly ambitious route, Dave. It looks like a lot of fun though. When do you think you will be doing the Peterborough to Flint part of it? I'm looking forward to showing you the Falls and any other points of interest in that stretch. I can meet you in Peterborough and show you the route around Toronto. If you want to do the CN tower etc., I can take you there from my place. It would be one full day to do Toronto, though and a day for Niagara Falls.

Hi Holly! Hope you're doing fine.
I've already dedicated a day for you and the niagara falls. I'm sure there's a lot to talk about. Street & Trips told me that we'll need 3 hours from Peterborough to your place. And of course we would be happy if you pick us up.

CN Tower ... sounds interesting.

Great, can you give me an approximate date? I need to make sure that date is blocked out on my calendar. I will be in Winnipeg May 3-7, but so far things are looking good for the rest of the month. Mid June I have our vintage rally and late June I'm riding to Las Vegas.
From Peterborough we can do some back roads to the expensive toll road around Toronto and get to my place in less than 3 hours. Or back roads all the way and take more than 3 hours. The toll road won't cost you as it takes a photo of your licence plate and mails you a bill. Somehow I doubt they will have you in their database.;)

I would say we'll be there in the 1st week of June (more to the end of it). The day from Peterborough to your place is yours (and the day after). Back roads into Toronto would be great.

The 3 hours are for the distance only. Including a visit of Toronto it maybe a hole day. ;)

Great, I'm blocking out the 4th to the 12th to make sure I'm available for you. You will just miss our big Vintage rally. If you are keen on Vincents and want a t-shirt let me know and I can pre-order one or more for you. I should have picked them up from the printers by the time you arrive. It will be black with this design:
2012PosterWEB-250px-S.gif

We'll see how you feel about doing Toronto closer to the date or on the day of.

The bike is on its way to the U.S. !! :dance

Watch out for this sign. Only 40 days left ..
0001a.jpg

I've been absent for a while due to my Dakar expedition late last year and some family stuff. But I'm back and will be busy making plans for the Big Trip. I'll try and work out the route in a bit more detail based on the advice I got here.

One thing though: I'd really, really, really like to visit the MOA Rally in '13 to meet some of my MOA friends. But I don't think the location for next years rally is already decided. I just have to hope it's within reasonable distance of my route. I'm prepared to make a little detour, but I hope it's not on the other side of the country... Having said that, isn't it always somewhere central, not to make it a 5,000miles trip for people in the south of Texas?

Back